Author Topic: Paracord survival bracelets  (Read 12414 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Paracord survival bracelets
« on: November 02, 2012, 02:15:26 PM »
First, I spoke with Tyler before posting this to make sure that he was ok with it.

Hey fellow SBGs!

Last year I became aware of survival bracelets. I was immediately fascinated with their convince and practicality.

If you're not familiar with them, a survival bracelet is bracelet made of 550 paracord. The paracord has a test weight of 550 pounds. They are popular among hikers, campers, and other outdoor enthusiasts.

The survival bracelet, when finished, is made up approximately 8 to 10 feet of paracord depending on the size of the wrist of the wearer. In an emergency, the survival bracelet can be fairly quickly unraveled and used in any number of ways. Additionally, the paracord has seven inner strands that can be removed and used for fishing line, snares, or even stitching material in the  case of an extreme emergency.

Why am I telling you this? Because, I've started to make and sell them to generate some income. My family has a larger than normal medical expense line in it's budget and I am doing this in an effort to help offset those expenses. I sell bracelets, key fobs and zipper pulls for $10, $5, and $3 each (respectively)

Here's is a link to a gallery of some to the different survival bracelet and other paracord creations that I've made. Twisted Knots Paracord Dropbox gallery

I also have a Facebook page to promote my survival bracelets. If you're on Facebook, you can go to https://www.facebook.com/TwistedKnotsParacord to see the same pictures in the gallery linked above as well as many more. As I make new color combinations or creations with paracord, I upload the pictures to the Facebook page. It is the best way to see the latest of everything that I make.

If you're interested in purchasing a survival bracelet, PM me and we can discuss what you want. I need to know what color(s) you want and your wrist size (without adding any additional length).

If you are not interested in buying one, that's ok. I understand. However, I would still appreciate it if you could throw a 'like' my way if you are  on Facebook.

Also, please feel free to pass along this information to anyone you know that might be interested in them. They are a great way to show support for your alma mater, favorite sports team, or cause and they make a great stocking stuffer.

This is an example of a paracord survival bracelet. It also happens to be the one that is currently always on my wrist. That is until I find a new favorite color combination.

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Slynito

Re: Paracord survival bracelets
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:28:26 PM »
Very nice work, Doug. I made them several years ago for gifts. Now I buy them from Vet orgs at events. They are a good item to take along when outdoors, boating or flying. I also made fobs with a key ring on one end. I used the Dragon Tongue stitch like you and then went back over part of it with another layer of Dragons Tongue. I made them many different ways and would put a small survival whistle on them. I'd give them to girls and women attending the university for them to carry in case they got into trouble. Your products really look great. Best of luck with your business.

theman

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 07:42:51 PM »
Doug,

I have seen them , and had no idea about how much they had to offer !  Please PM me I would like to order two but different color's, Black  with a Blue stripe in the middle for the Officers that have given their lives in the Line of Duty ! 

Thank you for the Information !

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
You do nice work Doug. I just liked you.

theman

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:36 PM »
You do nice work Doug. I just liked you.
See Doug, What just exp. can do  ;) 8) O0 !

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Paracord survival bracelets
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 09:39:56 AM »
These look great Doug! Used something similar back when I used to fix jets on the flightline (attached to my uniform holding line badges, access cards, etc)
Looking at getting the one you have pictured.

Cheers,
Ro

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 12:19:24 PM »
I liked and subscribed on FB. 
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 02:15:08 PM »
Thanks for everyone's interest, be it a PM about wanting some, a like on FB or just a kind comment on this thread. I appreciate them all.

Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »
I was out of town for a couple of days, just got back, and my bracelet was waiting for me. A couple of points in order of occurrence.
1) The packaging job on this bracelet was excellent. The bracelet was enclosed in a padded and waterproof mailer (it looks waterproof, anyway). When I opened that the bracelet was inside contained in a seperate zip-lock baggie to further protect it from moisture. This is the kind of attention to detail that I have really come to appreciatebecause it shows that the person selling the item cares about the condition it's in when it gets where it's going. Big Kudos!
2) The bracelet itself is great. I've never had one of these before so I can't judge it against another product. The knots are neat and tight, there are no ragged ends or anything of that sort sticking out, and it fits just how I like it. I can tell that you paid close attention to what you were doing when you made mine, it shows in the quality of the work. And it was made just the way I wanted it. Big Kudos again!
I will definitely recommend you to anyone I talk to who is looking for something like this. I already wrote you up on another forum that I am a member of. I hope you get some more business off of that as well.
Thanks for your great work, Doug.
P. S.: I maybe could have sent this as a PM but I wanted other people to read about what a great product you have.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »
Your really good. I also make paracord bracelets too can you tell me where you learned this at because I have been wanting to try something new

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »
I was out of town for a couple of days, just got back, and my bracelet was waiting for me. A couple of points in order of occurrence.
1) The packaging job on this bracelet was excellent. The bracelet was enclosed in a padded and waterproof mailer (it looks waterproof, anyway). When I opened that the bracelet was inside contained in a seperate zip-lock baggie to further protect it from moisture. This is the kind of attention to detail that I have really come to appreciatebecause it shows that the person selling the item cares about the condition it's in when it gets where it's going. Big Kudos!
2) The bracelet itself is great. I've never had one of these before so I can't judge it against another product. The knots are neat and tight, there are no ragged ends or anything of that sort sticking out, and it fits just how I like it. I can tell that you paid close attention to what you were doing when you made mine, it shows in the quality of the work. And it was made just the way I wanted it. Big Kudos again!
I will definitely recommend you to anyone I talk to who is looking for something like this. I already wrote you up on another forum that I am a member of. I hope you get some more business off of that as well.
Thanks for your great work, Doug.
P. S.: I maybe could have sent this as a PM but I wanted other people to read about what a great product you have.

Thanks for the kind words! I strive to try and be a little bett that the "rest". I'm glad that you like it so much.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 05:05:47 AM »
I bought (4) bracelets and a key FOB from Doug. A bracelet each for me, my wife, and both of my kids. We each selected a different color combination.
Each bracelet was perfect and my kids love these. I wear mine everyday. My daughter has a couple Friends that said they are going to order.
We are planning on ordering for several people as Christmas presents.

Quality is excellent and delivery time was unbelievably quick! Throw in the facts that Doug is a GREAT guy and that he's doing this to help with his boys' medical expenses and this is a no brainer.
$10?? Great deal on the bracelets.

Major props to Doug and his business.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »
Thanks they are the best my family loved them.  Great stocking stuffers  O0 not only cool but have a statement, & use . 

O0  Keep up the good work . 8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »
I plan to buy a couple later this month once I get some pressing matters resolved. Doug, they look very nice.....I think they would be cool to wear at the jobsite...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: Re: Paracord survival bracelets
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
Thanks for the comment switchblade and just let me know when you're ready Harry.

Enter your email address: