Discussions About Being Bald > Sly Bald Gals - Women's Corner

Shout-out to Slyettes!

(1/4) > >>

gutsygirl:
Hi,   
I'm happy to find this website!  I'm not entirely new to headshaving, as I've been buzzing for a few years, but this is the first time I went below 1/16th inch. 

I'm totally returning the shaver I bought today (let's just say BAD BAD EXPERIENCE!) and going to try another.  Suggestions?  I don't want to break the bank, but I want the SMOOTH (not sandpaper-ish) feel with an electric shaver that doesn't take 1 whole hour! 

The obvious questions I have to deal with because I'm a Slyette:

Do you have cancer? No.

Are you a lesbian?  No, I'm perfectly straight.

Why would you want to shave your head?  I have really bad allergies to everything outdoors; I've seen an Allergist and an Immunologist, and neither are able to help me further, so to be able to apply anti-itch meds to my head, I decided to go hair-free.  Also helps me manage personal care because with my disabilities it takes less time and I won't get bed head when I'm stuck flat on my back for a few days at a time. 

What image/political statement are you trying to make?  I'm not trying to make a political statement.  And while my Mom had breast cancer, I didn't really shave my head for that either (she hates my shaved head, for the record, and wore a wig herself)...I did it for myself.  If there is any statement that needs to be made, I guess I'd just like to say "Women should be valued first and foremost for the fact that God loves all the people He has made and Jesus Christ died so that we may have life in Him.  We can appreciate what we see of God in each other's hearts.  It's fine to be attracted physically, but as people we all need to look beyond physical beauty which fades with time and see that which is eternal."   

I'll try to attach a photo, but it's not great quality because I used my phone's camera.  Nice to meet you all! 

Gutsy Girl

marty22:
welcome! Looks great on you....

good to be bald:
hi welcome looks O0 8)

mahaw90:
Cute. Id recommend the Wahl 5 Star balding clipper. Best clipper on the market IMO.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-8110-Professional-Balding-Clipper/dp/B000VVT94G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1351060509&sr=8-6

Nice to have you on board. x

gutsygirl:
I'm still sly for  now, and I bought Mach 3's and a can of barbasol today.  Will try them in the next few days.  I've been reading about how you guys do your headshave routine.  I keep coming across WTG and ATG - what do those acronyms mean? 

I'd like to keep my routine real simple.  After shower, barbasol, wet shave at sink (need mirror bc I'm a newbie) with Mach 3 with the grain, witch hazel and air dry, then coconut oil.  What do you think?  Missing anything super important?

And why do you guys exfoliate? 

THANKS!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version