Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Trimming Your Head/Hair

Close clippers

(1/5) > >>

JohnnyC:
Hello,
When using the wahl balding clippers by yourself, how do your prevent cutting yourself?  The zero-overlap makes me a bit nervous.
thank you.

Tyler:
You shouldn't have any problem using clippers on your head.  Just be careful around the ears.  I used to use Andis clippers without a guard and never cut myself.

Ian:
Yeah just watch the ears like Tyler said,when i was buzzing mine,i had more than one accident with my Wahl's

R o b 6:
I haven't gone completely SLY yet, but I use an barber quality Andis Outliner trimmer (no guard) or a pair of Oster 76 clippers with a #000 blade.

It helps to pull your scalp taught with your free hand (does that make sense?)...that way you lower the risk of having any loose skin (especially around the ear) getting nipped or pinched. And you get a tighter clip/shave.

Your technique will improve with practice. Go for it.

Razorhead:
When I was clippershaving my head, I used a pair of Andis Headliner. I bought it at Walmart. They are designed to prevent in-grown hair. The headliner is similiar to an edger. It cut my hair super close -- similar to a 00000 on a classic Oster 76.

I like the clipper shaved look. You can sport a bald look but still have a bit of hair. I thought clipper shaving was messy and required more clean up off the sink and floor. Since i was buzzing my hair so short, I got curious abour razor shaving. So I opted for shaving it clean with a headblade. Been hooked on the sly look ever since.  It's a different look, but it's the feel of smoothness that got me hooked.

Keep it sly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version