Author Topic: MLB playoffs!  (Read 10919 times)

Offline Plano

• Sly
Re: MLB playoffs!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
Give my Orioles some props guys. We've been suffering for 15 years.

Buck Showalter should be manager of the year. To watch what he did everyday with this team was remarkable. If the Orioles can sign a front line pitcher this Winter they will be good for a long time.

Major Props to the "A's". Almost as good a story as the Orioles. I'd love to see the Orioles and A's in the League Championship Series.

Yankees are old and their pitching is suspect. Not their year.

But time will tell, and there's always teams that play bigger/better than they actually are such as the Orioles and A's.

Orioles have already won their "world series" just by getting INTO the playoffs (well, kinda).  

Sorry, as a Yanks fan we were so used to stomping on the O's it's hard not to pick at them! haha.

And Yankeee fans wonder why they're hated.

Here's to my 94 win Oakland A's, a team that is playing better than they actually are!  `Dr!n#

Sure, that was a rough thing for me to say, but it was the truth! When it boils down to it, they're NOT as talented and NOT on the same level as elite teams, BUT...that doesn't mean that they can't compete and win/be the Cinderella team.

They play with a lot of heart, but I'll take experience/confidence ANY day over just flat out heart.

Not saying they're just a stepping stool either, they're GOOD teams. Who knows? Maybe The O's and A's will be in the ALCS, but if I had to bet on something happening, it wouldn't be that.

O:O
Bald since 2005, showing it off since 2011.

Offline yelloboy32

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't talk about it, Be about it
    • Williams On Sports
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
I'm a Dodgers fan so I'm definitely not pulling for the Giants!! Based on all the baseball I've watched this year (and it's a ton) I am leaning towards the Yankees and Reds in the World Series.

If the Yankees don't make it, Fox Sports may as well show the World Series on tape delay because ratings will suffer.  :-\

Definitely best time of the year for baseball and looking forward to the rest of the playoffs.
"Success is a journey, not a destination...the doing is more important than the outcome". -Arthur Ashe

theman

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
I'm a Dodgers fan so I'm definitely not pulling for the Giants!! Based on all the baseball I've watched this year (and it's a ton) I am leaning towards the Yankees and Reds in the World Series.

If the Yankees don't make it, Fox Sports may as well show the World Series on tape delay because ratings will suffer.  :-\

Definitely best time of the year for baseball and looking forward to the rest of the playoffs.
Sorry my friend but Yankees  is my team.  But I do agree with what you have to say in the above statement.  May the best team win.  Have a Great Day.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 06:11:35 PM »
 The Yankees just might get to tangle with the Tigers again,and I think the Tigers would spank them..........again. But first the Orioles and A's have to be beaten.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 08:11:10 PM »
Based on some of the comments I've seen, I hope the A's and the O's kick the sh!t out of Detroit and the SpankMes.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 08:40:44 PM »
Based on some of the comments I've seen, I hope the A's and the O's kick the sh!t out of Detroit and the SpankMes.

:*)) :@`

Offline Drainman66

• NY Giants
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 09:07:22 PM »
Lets go Yankees, soon to have 28 Rings

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
Looks like Detroit and NYY in Alcs. Should be a good one

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 05:45:51 AM »

Not sure how you figure that with the O's and Yanks tied at 1 game each. Give me that big spoon so you can quit stirring the pot.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:43:16 AM by Mikekoz13 »
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 06:13:12 AM »

Not sure how your figure that with the O's and Yanks tied at 1 game each. Give me that big spoon so you can quit stirring the pot.

There he is!  >:D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:54:15 AM by schro »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 09:42:27 AM »

Not sure how you figure that with the O's and Yanks tied at 1 game each. Give me that big spoon so you can quit stirring the pot.

There he is!  >:D

Really Dude? It's amazing how many keyboard commandos we've picked up lately.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:44:49 AM by Mikekoz13 »

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
Keyboard commandos...(snicker snicker)

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »

There he is!  >:D

Really Dude? It's amazing how many keyboard commandos we've picked up lately.

yep, that's me. clearly you're not getting the joke. Just getting a rise out of the Baltimore fans. It's not being a keyboard commando, it's friendly trash talking about a baseball team. If it hurts your feelings, well I'm sorry it does. I'm a sarcastic person, straight shooter, so if that's my downfall, then so be it. Not going to sweat it.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 04:09:23 PM »
That's all well and good but maybe you should be around for a while and get to know peoples' personalities before you start on them. At least one other person, that contacted me, feels the same way.

I can dish it out and take it with the best of them. I just generally don't pull peoples' chains that I don't have a feel for..... it's in bad taste.
I'm exiting without making any more coments but will continue to monitor the thread.

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
That's all well and good but maybe you should be around for a while and get to know peoples' personalities before you start on them. At least one other person, that contacted me, feels the same way.

I can dish it out and take it with the best of them. I just generally don't pull peoples' chains that I don't have a feel for..... it's in bad taste.
I'm exiting without making any more coments but will continue to monitor the thread.

don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, as that was not my intention. Just a die hard fan that likes to rib others, but your points are noted, and I'll stop commenting as well.

Hard to sense if remarks are sarcastic/serious/fun/not fun on a message board, I realize this. So if I offended ANYONE out there (you included) I apologize and did not mean anything negative out of it.

Enter your email address: