Author Topic: To beard or not to beard.. THAT is the question.  (Read 9867 times)

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: To beard or not to beard.. THAT is the question.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 11:45:45 AM »
So, lately I've been thinking about growing a beard. Everytime I mention it Kori says she doesn't want me to because she doesn't like mustache's but I miss having a full beard. What does everyone here think? Would it be me or no?

Go for it, Cam!  I've tried every possible form of facial hair with the slickdome, and the full beard was fun.  Not sure I would want it during the summer though, due to the furriness factor.

Thanks Slickdome for reminding me that I could never grow a beard like that guy!  >:(  just kidding

Cam, I guess you must be confused by now because you have the full gamut of answers.  Let us know what you decide.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:49:41 AM by Stew »
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 11:52:26 AM »
sorry Cam, but I'm with Kori on this one...I think it would  also make you look older. Plus, that darn snoggers rash is gonna hurt!!  :-\

MagmaBage, I only speak Texan.  What is a snogger rash?  I have some ideas, but can't mention them here.  O:O

It means exactly what you're thinking it means.   >:D >:D

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 11:52:48 AM »
So, lately I've been thinking about growing a beard. Everytime I mention it Kori says she doesn't want me to because she doesn't like mustache's but I miss having a full beard. What does everyone here think? Would it be me or no?

Go for it, Cam!  I've tried every possible form of facial hair with the slickdome, and the full beard was fun.  Not sure I would want it during the summer though, due to the furriness factor.

Thanks Slickdome for reminding me that I could never grow a beard like that guy!  >:(  just kidding

Cam, I guess you must be confused by now because you have the full gamut of answers.  Let us know what you decide.

Yup, that's for sure! At least no one said for me to go with the SuperSly look, because that will never happen, I look like a 14 year old with no facial hair! I have no idea what I'll do, though. I guess I could let it grow while I think about it! lol.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »
   ;DBeard or goatee is very advisable if 1) you have a weak chin, and 2) if you have super-sensitive skin. Both conditions apply in my case, so I keep the goat. As to the dome, I love it clean and intend to keep it that way. Yours, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

BALDANDRE

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 12:06:11 PM »
Yup, that's for sure! At least no one said for me to go with the SuperSly look, because that will never happen, I look like a 14 year old with no facial hair! I have no idea what I'll do, though. I guess I could let it grow while I think about it! lol.

Whatever you do, i'm sure it'll have some "sly-flare" to it...in fact as long as you keep the dome scraped slic, smooth and sly...you're golden! ;)......

but I didn't have to tell YOU that! O:O

Slickdome

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 12:19:14 PM »

http://www.beards.org/images/albums/userpics/10001/usilj004.jpg

Hey Stew, sorry that my slickdome with the Grizzly Adams beard offended you.    ???
I'll never post it here again.   :'(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 12:24:14 PM by Slickdome »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 12:20:10 PM »
I think the full goat would look good on you --- better than a full beard would.  Give it a try; it's easy enough to revert back to your current look.

BTW, what happened to your ear-lobe stretching things?  It doesn't look like you have them in your current pic.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »

Hey Stew, sorry that my slickdome with the Grizzly Adams beard offended you.    ???
I'll never post it here again.   :'(

Not offended, just jealous... also, no hair in the middle of my chin, so the goat is less than optimum.  Yours is good, as is RazorX's, and some others here.  My wife doesn't like it anyway, so go figure.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 03:19:10 PM »
I say no beard, I think a full beard rarely looks good on a baldy (no one take offence, personal opinion). What you have is cool. Personally I like a clean look like Slickdome or Stew.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 07:53:46 AM »
sorry Cam, but I'm with Kori on this one...I think it would  also make you look older. Plus, that darn snoggers rash is gonna hurt!!  :-\

MagmaBage, I only speak Texan.  What is a snogger rash?  I have some ideas, but can't mention them here.  O:O

PM   >:D 8)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »

Oh come on, I don't know either! ;D

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2007, 09:03:23 AM »
I think the full goat would look good on you --- better than a full beard would.  Give it a try; it's easy enough to revert back to your current look.

BTW, what happened to your ear-lobe stretching things?  It doesn't look like you have them in your current pic.

My lobes are still stretched, but I have some flesh colored plugs that hide them while I'm at work. They fool pretty much everyone!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2007, 09:03:56 AM »

Oh come on, I don't know either! ;D

Yeah, me either! C'mon, Sarah.. you can tell us!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 08:05:53 PM »
  :/O Ahoy, Cam. Try it in stages, full van Dyke (with stache) first, then, if you like it, go for the full beard. I think you'll like the full van Dyke, but, as others have noted, the summer is not a good time to start a full beard. I wore one for many years. It makes one look older. Take an old photo and pencil in both van Dyke and beard, then decide. The beard will require 10 days or so to pass beyond the itchiness stage. Also, check the quality and thickness of the hair from your sideburns to the area just below the end of your mouth; if it is scraggly, give up the idea. On the other hand, blonde guys often have interesting red/brown coloration in their beard. Ask Kori to consider that possibility. Depending on what look you're trying to achieve, you might consider shaving the 'soul patch.' That elongates the face and presents a clean, neat appearnace. Let's see the results. All best, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
I wish I could have any hair on my face....the job won't allow more than a mustache which would just make me look old.  Besides, I don't grow a good stand alone 'stache.   :'(

Enter your email address: