Author Topic: October Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 17987 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
October Sly Fitness Challenge
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »
Team Sly.....Great couple months of working out here!  Right on! Septembers top performers awards to Beardman and Warhawk!!
 O0

Welcome to the Sly October Fitness Challenge. Seen a slight drop in participation in September, lets pick it up as we are now in the weight gain months in the USA...Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are all on the horizon and with winter rolling in the pounds usually pile on! Lets try going into the holidays lighter versus needing a resolution on Jan 1 to lose it.

Objective: Post your fitness goals for the month, check in with your progress, support others while they march towards theirs and enjoy the fall.

My goals this month are
1)   200 miles on the bicycle (includes 1 65+ mile ride)
2)   3 weight lifting sessions per week
3)   Increase Vo2max by 2 points
4)   Weight loss? 4 pounds

Sign up and post your October goals….above all have fun and be careful, injuries impact goals….better to go light, than go home.
Cheers,
Ty

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:04:11 AM by TyMoore122 »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: October Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »
Hi Ty:  I am in for the October Sly Fitness Challenge.  I have been keeping my goals of going to the gym atleast 3 times a week.  It is a habitual routine that I keep.  I hope that we can get atleast more participants in the Sly Fitness Challenge.

It is just a fun way to keep motivated and also keep track of our other sly brothers.  Thanks TyMoore for your encouragement.   I am no where near your cardio routine but I am feeling great and enjoying the benefits of exercising.

C'mon... fellow chrome domes.  Let's get physical and let's hear your stories.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 02:56:12 AM »
Beardman signing in for another month!

I'm really not sure where to start for my goals this month, for so long I've been striving for weight loss goals... and for the most part meeting them. Seems weird it isn't a priority now lol...

Ok, so lets go with these goals:

1) Continue to rehabilitate my shoulder, I would say it is probably back to 90% or more, there are still some things it hurts to do but they are far and few between. (probably going to add so more shoulder stuff to my new program)

2) write a new/get a new training program that better suits my new plan, which is muscle mass> weight-loss

having said that, I might need to rejig some of these other goals,

3) get back 50 kg flat bench
4) get to 80 kg squats

They seem like a good start :D Hopefully when I get my stuff sorted I'll be more clearer on my goals for November :D

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:16:53 PM »
I had a great workout this morning and I'm feeling the pain but in a good way.  I plan on going tomorrow.  C'mon fellow chrome domes... share your workout stories to help encourage others and myself.  Ty and Beardman keep up the great workouts.  You guys keep me motivated. W3!ght W3!ght

WARHAWK O0

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:03:39 AM »
I'm glad people still do sports.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 03:07:46 PM »
I did not feel like going to the gym this morning but ignored my thoughts and went.  I am glad I did.  I'm feeling sore but I'm feeling great. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 02:19:59 AM »
Not going to lie... I've been getting slammed at work and have only made it to the gym once this week so far (chest/tricep session)... but in saying that... I have lost 1.8kgs (~3lbs) since tuesday... and that is purely from working, I have still been eating the same as always too. how intense is that?!?!?

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 03:15:28 AM »
Had an amazing back and biceps night tonight! My biceps are completely spent, I barely have the strength to lift my arms! We kind of got into competition mode... and the rules were that I had to match the same amount of reps my mate or brother could lift, but at one weight higher... and what can I say... I am so much stronger then I thought haha

The heaviest I lifted for the night was 42.5kg (93lbs, full set of 12) single arm dumbell row, 40kg (88lbs, only 3 reps) ez bar curls, 20kg (44lbs, 2 reps) incline dumbell curls, I would then finish each set off on the weight they were lifting. Quite a fun session really!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »
Liking this thread.....have to figure a fitness routine that fits into life on the road in my rig....some good resources out there....I'll keep y'all posted.   Doin' dips between the seats, push-ups in the sleeper, using excercise bands for resistance, stuff like that....

marty22

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »
that works!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 01:10:23 PM »
I am running and using weights at the mo. problem is I seem to lose weight rather than bulk , if I run less I put on round my stomach! Grrrr!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 11:56:19 PM »
My mate gym partner has the exact same problem! Every time he hits  70 kgs he just burns it right off

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »
I had a great workout today and I'm feeling good.  I'm going again tomorrow. :)

WARHAWK O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »
I had a great workout today and I'm feeling good.  I'm going again tomorrow. :)

WARHAWK O0

That's the spirit mate, how many days a week are you up to now?

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 10:54:06 AM »
Ok so the September challenge for me failed, all my own doing so can't make any excuses. However my beer and steak in Amsterdam over my birthday was fantastic!!  ;D

a bit late checking in for this month I know but this morning out of the blue I got up and did 10k on the exercise bike and actually felt better afterwards. Ok not a massive amount but I havn't done any exercise since about the 90's (and I'm not kidding!) so I was pleased.

So this month I'm keeping it simple, my aims are:

- Start and maintain a daily fitness routine
- Get back on a healthy diet

No figures or goals this month, let's just get the ball rolling........