Author Topic: Seriously, who are you kidding?  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Seriously, who are you kidding?
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »
I've had a friend since 1971, which just now I realized is more than four decades. We've not seen each other in about 20 years but stay in contact by email every few months. We happened to connect, also, on FaceBook recently which was the first I'd seen a picture of him in decades.

I was absolutely aghast at the hairpiece. Even in a poor resolution FaceBook photo it was obvious.

In a "time to catch up" email to him I told him I'd started shaving my head back in May. His reply:
"I hear you about the gray hair. I go in to the barber about every 2 weeks for what I call a "rejuvenation"  HA!  Everyone tells me it looks really natural and is not dyed. It is expensive, but well worth it.  I am a pretty harsh critic.  The part I SEE looks pretty
good, so I guess I will simply act the way President Reagan did.  Just swear that my hair really never turned that gray!"

He is a great guy and fun to be with. He'd be a natural Sly guy. But as long as he thinks he's fooling the world that won't happen.

However ... for any guys reading this forum who think they are fooling the world. You aren't. Despite marketing brochures and salesman's claims, unnatural hair is, well, unnatural. There is a difference in texture. In sheen, In coloring.

It's time to free yourself and live honestly. And confidently.

"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Seriously, who are you kidding?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:17:37 PM »
The problem is that we usually don't see ourselves as other people do and it's very hard to be objective about what we see in the mirror.  Just as we can convince ourselves that everyone in the world notices our minor cosmetic flaws that only we know about, we also have the capacity to delude ourselves into thinking that they don't see the obvious ones -- such as bad hairpieces.

I never contemplated getting a hairpiece.  One of the reasons -- aside from the usual ones -- is that I knew that even if I'd managed to get a "good" one that no one else could detect, I would spend every waking hour wondering if they could detect it and were just too polite to mention it or if they really couldn't tell. Not a good way to live.  There are a lot of things I would change about my appearance if I could.  Adding hair would not be one of them.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »
As I was getting out of my car at Walgreen's yesterday, this guy about my age comes out of the store with a perfect head of auburn hair.

Every hair was perfectly in place, and every hair was exactly the same reddish brown color.

It was so obviously fake it was almost pathetic. I wanted to point and shout "Wig! Wig! Wig!", but of course I would never actually do anything so tactless.

But it made me wonder what it is that he sees when he looks in the mirror, and why he can't see how ridiculous it looks.

Offline Scottakist

• Sly Jr.
  • Permanent Color Technician
    • Permanent Color Technicians
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »
Ahhhhhh

:XX  :XX   :XX

I was in my local grocery store or the closest one by my place
(The nice/closest one to me closed down recently)
Anyhow I digress....

Im in line,
 standing there and lo and behold I see a man
Long hair....  Bald as all get out in the front pony tail about 6-8 inches long...
 I hate to be negative.....
 But it totally looked ridiculous
to be honest it was quite sad
I had a 27 inch tail hanging from me mellon not  more than a month ago
and i knew my widows peak was starting to be noticeable.

So glad i took the plunge..
 how long would I have held on?

Once its done its so liberating
there are bald dudes everywhere
 its kinda in style

why put yourself through the ups and downs?

If your not having fun... Your doing it wrong.

skinheader

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 11:06:41 PM »
i'm wearin a bald wig  :*))

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:26 AM »
Those bald wigs sure have come a long way.

theman

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 08:24:27 AM »
Most all people even blind old ladys can tell that a rug is a rug LOL !  If a good one is got they sure aren't cheap.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 08:29:30 AM »
It is unbelievable that guys who wear those wigs think it is so "natural looking" and don't realize that everyone can tell - - -a "piece" on a guy - - -

I have one and for Halloween I wear it  - - -I have alot of fun with mine  and I enjoy sitting next to a guy (in a bar) who is wearing a serious system (so they call it) on  - - -and I adjust mine from time to time and after a few drinks   mine comes off - - -and the other bald guys in the bar like to try my wig on - - - -It is a real cheap one  ($12.50 in a wig shop)  - -Looks like hell - -but alot of fun - - - -

TRY IT SOMETIME - - -

Offline Scottakist

• Sly Jr.
  • Permanent Color Technician
    • Permanent Color Technicians
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »
^^^^^
 oh man im dying here  hahahahahaha
 I know what i will be buying soon...
that is such a awesome idea
guys with serious systems watch out....
  hahahahahahahah
 this is great
If your not having fun... Your doing it wrong.

theman

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 11:01:03 AM »
It is unbelievable that guys who wear those wigs think it is so "natural looking" and don't realize that everyone can tell - - -a "piece" on a guy - - -

I have one and for Halloween I wear it  - - -I have alot of fun with mine  and I enjoy sitting next to a guy (in a bar) who is wearing a serious system (so they call it) on  - - -and I adjust mine from time to time and after a few drinks   mine comes off - - -and the other bald guys in the bar like to try my wig on - - - -It is a real cheap one  ($12.50 in a wig shop)  - -Looks like hell - -but alot of fun - - - -

TRY IT SOMETIME - - -
Good Story,  August 9th,2004 a guy pulled out in front of me on I-90 , I had to lay my Harley down, after that he took off.  So I am laying on the ground and the gas is dripping from my tank and people have stopped and one guy is smoking coming up to me so I am yelling at him and trying to get to get a license plate number of the guy that took off leaving me.  I got out from under my scoot and had a tib, fib fx of my right ankle and I could not stand. 

Highway Patrol got there the ambulance got there, and one of the para- medic's came up and asked me where I was hurt told him I had a tib , fib fx of my right ankle , he asked me if I had hit my head, I was not wearing a brain bucket, but a scull cap with a sewed in Pony tail braided.  I pulled it off and his eyes got as big as saucers, and he told me not to do that to him again.  My shaved head shocked the heck out of him.   :*)) 

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »
Wig kill it for the sake of the poor guy wearing it such delusion men suffer , some women too

Enter your email address: