Author Topic: A Nazi? Seriously?  (Read 10533 times)

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
Re: A Nazi? Seriously?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 11:45:18 AM »
I am a skinhead and bald dont giv a monkeys tit what people think . Bald by choice is a smart look and comfortable , being an skin in europeis diff.  Dont wrry about what people think ' your who you are , which is not a Romper Stomper .

Indeed; the history of the real skinheads is quite interesting. Apparently, none of the original skinheads were neo-nazi until the neos started recruiting from their ranks, and most real skins remaining are not neo either.

At any rate, shaving one's head is definitely not the big deal it used to be except in the minds of a few.

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »

LOL that is pretty funny.  I'm getting more confident in the look.  Both due to the head shave and the weight I've lost.  I notice at the grocery store last time, people don't bump into me as much, they tend to part like the red sea when I come through.  So I guess in the scheme of things, I don't care what people think of me. If they want to be scared of me, then let them

You're a pretty intimidating looking guy as it is, hair or no! Which I guess is a benefit in the criminal justice world... ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:51:02 AM by Doctor X »

Offline roadrunner570

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Tim's Page
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys.  I appreciate all the feedback. Sorry I been away, been busy here and got sick for a week or two.  I'm down about 20 more lbs the past few months. So I've lost around 40 Lbs total. Family is getting used to seeing me with the shaved head.  THe kids got a kick the other day when we were at the store.  Some guy walked past me, stopped and came back and goes "Hey, you kinda look like that Stone Cold Steve Austin guy!"  I wasn't sure what to say, but I sure thought it was cool lol.  So did the kids.

I been bald going on three months now and I like it. Its easy to maintain, feels cool, and when I train at the gym, I don't have hair getting in my face or itchy. 

Offline wm23oh

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 08:50:50 AM »
It is a shame people judge others without giving them a chance to show who they are. :Xo! 

I also recently had this happen to me from a customer.  He made the comment to someone that I work with so I decided to force the customer to deal directly with me so instead of making a judgement from afar he was forced to do so after talking to me.  Luckily the people I work with were more than happy to stand back and allow me to help this customer since they were offended for me.  I simply find it sad and hope one day people will learn that hating someone for there looks is just silly. :px

So I killed him with kindness, was extremely courteous, smiled, and was sincere.  He asked to have one of the others help him however they were......  all busy.  So he was forced to deal with me.  By the time he left he was smiling said thank you and seamed to be a little confused like he was expecting a fight. :x!

I have worked with customers for years and have dealt with people like this in the past (assumed because my skin color was different I would treat them different) but have learned to just be bubbly and sincere.  You can't fake sincere kindness.  :D

Ultimately even if the guy decides I'm an evil Nazi or skinhead I really don't care.  I will continue to treat him just like I would if my own Parent was in line, and as I do every customer I deal with. O0

Slynito

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 10:33:22 AM »
Great stories y'all...you're all a credit to baldness.  O0

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 06:05:12 AM »
Uh, Sweet little ladies shouldn't know what a Nazi Skin Head is.....What secrets is she holding?

Offline Surly Seabear

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Driven to make others laugh...
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 04:52:01 AM »
I was asked that, to which I introduced myself...last name Aron...and yes, I am a Hebrew skinhead, wait, no that doesn't work...it got a huge laugh by those around...I then said, um no really I just have this super rare condition...male patern baldness and asked if they have ever known anyone with this rare condition?  again...laughs...I always respond with humor, difuses tension and in some moments it flips the awkward moment on them.
"Life's like a movie, write your own ending
Keep believing, keep pretending
We've done just what we set out to do.
Thanks to the lovers, the dreamers, and you."

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 06:55:31 AM »
       Isn't it amazing how dumb some people are?.........your classmate especially. Your choice of a shaved head is exactly that.......your choice. I'll bet that the classmate doesn't even know who the nazis were. The look fits you well.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
Roadrunner, You look great sly. Welcome to SBG.

I have never been told that I look like a Nazi. How ignorant those type of people are.

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »
Yes, of course. Especially being in high school.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 12:05:51 PM »
I have been called a skinhead & neo-nazi before also, but the comments came from a person who was completely mis-informed and whom were completely disarmed when I was gracious and pleasant to them. The other came from someone who were of a much older generation and associated the shaved head with being a nazi. You will get over the "insults" pretty quickly, I wager. People will see that you are not what they say you are. For those that still mis-understand your reason for shaving your head, in time they will get over it (hopefully).

By the way, you look fine with a shaved head & welcome to the best site on the net for supporting guys (whether shaved or not).
BaldBill