Author Topic: has anyone tried these?  (Read 2137 times)

Offline smoggynal

• Learning the way of Sly
has anyone tried these?
« on: September 20, 2012, 04:15:52 PM »
hi
im bald but sick of shaving my head every other day, the parts i can grow hair anyway.
so i was looking on the internet for ways to reduce the shaving when i stumbled across these and wondered if people had tried them and what results were had!

VANIQA

Vaniqa is currently the only hair growth inhibitor product to be approved by the FDA for reducing facial hair growth. It contains eflornithine, an ingredient which has been clinically shown to alter facial hair growth. The "European Journal of Dermatology" published a study that used a cream with 11.5 percent eflornithine for four months. Women who used this cream saw a decrease in the amount of facial hair, hair length and hair growth rate from months one to four. Vaniqa contains 13.9 percent elflornithine, which may help to reduce the growth of your facial hair. The company states that Vaniqa will not stop facial hair growth; however, when used with your other methods of hair removal, Vaniqa can help to reduce frequency of hair removal. Vaniqa is only available by prescription.

KALO

Kalo is a hair growth inhibitor product distributed by Nisim. Unlike Vaniqa, Kalo can be used on facial hair as well as body hair. Kalo utilizes a sulfur reducer, which purportedly interrupts your hair's growth cycle. Sulfur is needed for hair growth; therefore, use of a sulfur-reducing ingredient to prevent adequate hair growth and quality. When a hair is extracted from the follicle, as in plucking or waxing, Kalo applications will line the follicle, placing the sulfur-reducing compounds directly onto the site of hair growth. Kalo can work with shaving as well, although results may take longer. The company claims that hair regrowth can be reduced and eventually eliminated, although no clinical evidence exists to support this claim. Also, the company website does not indicate which ingredient reduces sulfur's activity.

REVITOL HAIR REMOVAL CREAM

Revitol creates a variety of beauty products, one of which is a hair removal-inhibitor cream. This cream differs from other hair growth inhibitors in that it actually removes hair from the root as well as potentially inhibits regrowth. The company website states that the product contains bioactive plant extracts that are absorbed into the hair-free follicle and work to reduce the hair shaft naturally at the follicle growth site. Your hair can become thinner and finer with use of the product, although no clinical evidence exists to support the company's claims. The cream contains thioglycolic acid and calcium thioglycolate, which have been used as depilatories and in hair-straightening treatments. Talk to your doctor before trying this product, as it can cause irritation. Follow directions carefully and discontinue use if rash or other irritation develops.

Regards
Dave

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: has anyone tried these?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »
The only product I need is a Mach 3 and a good shaving soap.

No caustic chemicals go on my head.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »
I believe this is a not too cleverly disguised can of SPAM!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum... No thanx, I ain't no lab rat.  O:O

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: has anyone tried these?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »
Uhmmmmm... I'll pass ;)

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »
Uhh, yeah. I agree with the others. Like the old saying goes, "If it sounds too good tomb true, it probably is". It all just sounds like a scam playing up to peoples vanity.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
My recipe for getting rid of unwanted hair

1. My Right Hand
2. Shaving brush
3. Razor and soap that fits my mood
4. Mirror or Shower (optional)

Mix soap and cream well with shaving brush then spread across head. Apply razor with hand of choice and stroke slowly as needed.

Done when head is rubbed and no stubble is felt

Serves one happy sly guy and (hopefully) plenty of hot chicks...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »
I'll pass, let's reduce it to the smartest way of getting rid of hair...uwm, how was it called? ..aw, yes... shaving! :D
that's not gonna help you.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter