Confidence and Success > Business/Work

Being taken seriously at work

(1/3) > >>

bobster:
Hey guys i thought id share my experience i had this morning.

Well this morning i was taking my first full presentation in front of 60 people i must admit i was a bit nervous as its the first time i have done so since i shaved sly. And there was people here that had shed more experience that i have. Im only 26 so still a puppy compared to some of the older guys in this industry. So was worried what they would think. But none the less i stood up said what i had to say and at the end of the presentation everyone started clapping . Such a huge relief and a few guys came up at the end and told me how well presented it was and were very happy that they had chosen our company . Words can not describe how much my confidence has improved after this. Absolutely over the moon!. By the way im a structural engineer and the presentation was on a shopping mall that were building! . Anyway that was my excitement for this morning! :-)  anyone have a similar story ?

Paul the Headblader:
Congratulations!
I guess that being sly helped you out. I mean, it was way better then if you were balding :)

Slynito:
That is really a great experience and achievement for you, congratulations. My similar experience, hummm, he!! no...it was expected and the only one that got pats on the back were the #1 & #2 men...ha, ha, ha.  You did good my man!

O0

Frontier Guy:
I work in two totally different industries and have varying degrees of public 'performance' ranging from one-on-one to classroom style. Bald makes no difference. And I never lacked in confidence speaking to groups. However, my personal self-confidence surged when I began headshaving and that can't help but influence my total being.

Great story bobster ... thanks for sharing and alerting the "on the fence" crowd what they stand to gain!

-Doug-:
I'm glad to hear that you had such a positive experience. It matters more what is in your head than what is on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version