New Member Section > Lurkers and New Members Read This

Lurking Members

<< < (2/4) > >>

xnewyawka:
Good to see someone bring this up Frontier. I have always wondered about this as well. With the number of member's increasing towards ten thousand, you would think we'd have a lot more people on and active.
We always have more lurker's than members. Some of them (members) just sort of lurk about and don't post very often, if at all. Why join if you're not going to post, or at least check in every so often? I just don't get it.

Hingatao:

--- Quote from: waine on September 19, 2012, 10:16:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mikekoz13 on September 19, 2012, 09:45:13 AM ---You can lead a bald man to the barber, but you can't make him shave......

--- End quote ---

Good one Mike.  I am a "bald evangelist" preaching the gospel of Sly, changing the lost "donut ringers" one head at a time... ;D 

--- End quote ---

I do the same thing in an upbeat sort of way. Most people just laugh it off as a joke, though.

Slynito:
In the relatively short time I've been on the forum I've seen several regulars pack up and leave.

Acme:
I agree Front.  If people are looking for help, encouragement, information, support, courage, sympathy... they can get a lot from reading but may feel even better or get more help by interacting.  I'm different in that I made my decision and then joined because I was so happy with my decision.  I wanted to offer another testimonial to the benefits of shaving your head bald.  Yes... I said it!  Bald is no longer a 4 letter word to me.  Hair is.

So anyone who needs some help should read some of the hundreds of other stories and join in if they still need some advice.  There is life after hair and for most, it's better  :)

Slynito:

--- Quote from: Acme on September 19, 2012, 01:11:12 PM ---I agree Front.  If people are looking for help, encouragement, information, support, courage, sympathy... they can get a lot from reading but may feel even better or get more help by interacting.  I'm different in that I made my decision and then joined because I was so happy with my decision.  I wanted to offer another testimonial to the benefits of shaving your head bald.  Yes... I said it!  Bald is no longer a 4 letter word to me.  Hair is.

So anyone who needs some help should read some of the hundreds of other stories and join in if they still need some advice.  There is life after hair and for most, it's better  :)

--- End quote ---

Well put, Acme...I was BBC for 5 years before I looked/found SBG. But of course many are looking for help with their decisions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version