Author Topic: Apple Cider Vinegar  (Read 15017 times)

Slynito

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 08:07:53 PM »

B3M3 Wow, they are sure proud of that stuff!

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:49 PM »
Just showing how much of a high roller you are! I wish I could afford to, but alas, I am but a lowly musician. Being such a foodie, and a bit of an aspiring gourmet, I tend to get things like that as presents from the family, so it's worth the wait.

I love to cook and I am an absolute foodie myself. But spending $75 on a bottle of Balsamic is obnoxious. $75 on clearance in TJ Maxx, mind you. That bottle was probably marked $150 or above in another store previously. How good could it be, right? I have a $5 bottle in my cupboard that tastes just fine! lol. If they lower it to $20, I'll buy it. and I'll post all about it, with my pinky in the air.
Bald since 2005, showing it off since 2011.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
Balsamic vinegars are aged like wine, so you're paying for the extra effort that goes into it.  If you're cooking with it, I'm not sure the high priced stuff is worth it.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »
My aunt had some stuff that was 20 pounds (UK), it was amazing just on some salad greens or with feta

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:29 AM »
Wow did this topic go South.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 06:16:12 AM »
Sorry - was just commenting that other vinegars like balsamic were used to aid digestion since part of the thread was about drinking apple cider vinegar for health purposes. 

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 06:41:12 AM »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Slynito

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
Sorry - was just commenting that other vinegars like balsamic were used to aid digestion since part of the thread was about drinking apple cider vinegar for health purposes. 

I see no need to apologize we need more vinegar knowledge...ACV rules!   :*))

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 09:31:18 AM »
Carry on fellows I was not in the best mind set when i commented earlier this morning,Looks like I went South.
Back on topic here.The whole reason I started using ACV was to treat my sever case of GERD. I was taking meds for it for 7 years and a coworker said try drinking Braggs ACV every morning in place of your pill so I gave it a go and sure as sh*t I have been off my meds for 2 years now. My Doctor that I fired said ya i herd of that but its just a old fashioned fake remedy with no healing powers at all.I then did a lot of research on the topic and I am a true believer that it works for many things including at helping keeping Cancer at bay.Yhe internet is full of great info on this subject it makes for some good reading.
A small tidbit of info to get you interested.http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/the-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/

Slynito

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »
I recently began drinking it before coffee in the morning and I feel energized. And I have also found it to help with heart burn/digestion. I used to carry Prylosec in my glove box so I could pop one before going in to a restaurant, but I don't need them anymore. Oh and my doctor poo-pooed ACV also...all the claims are just that...there is no science. If it's workin' let's not fix it, right?

O0 O0 O0

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »
OKay.......ya'll have my attention.
I've heard the same things. "Good for everything" all the way to "non-working country remedy".
Aside from the URL above, which I intend to check out post haste, what other sites that are
not product oriented can I go to that ya'll know of?
Hell, I trusted this site for the care and well being of my skull, I'll risk it again.  ^-^
Keith

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 04:59:23 AM »
You can Google "daily cider vinegar" and get a load of sites, but I'm most comfortable with this one: http://www.bragg.com/ though it is product specific.

My parents actually started using ACV twenty years ago, or more. And that's where I learned of it. Both my sister and I adopted the practice and (knocking loudly on wood) we're in remarkably good shape (I'm 57, she's nearing 70).

My doctor's a traditional-science guy but encourages using any supplement provided there is no detrimental side effect.

The taste requires a bit of acclimation, but now I look forward to my daily morning "elixir."

"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Slynito

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 06:48:52 AM »
Hey Weasel, if you object to the taste try mixing some honey and thin it with a little water...some folks like lemon in it too. Good luck!

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 03:39:37 AM »
At times I will take a gallon of spring water mix with ACV,LEMON,HONEY,GINGER,Lemon Grass And keep it in the fridge. No one ever will give it a try here so I know I will always have a cold drink in the fridge. On that note does anyone drink Kombucha ? I just bought the few items to get me started in making my own I will start a thread on that when I get it going.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 05:04:35 AM »
On that note does anyone drink Kombucha ? I just bought the few items to get me started in making my own I will start a thread on that when I get it going.

I'm curious about kombucha and look forward to seeing your postings about it. Haven't had any exposure to it (yet).
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012