Author Topic: HeadBlade ATX Video Review  (Read 37412 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Thumbs up for the SPORT. Thumbs down for the ATX.
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2014, 04:21:59 PM »
I was just thinking this morning, that I should write up a review of the ATX. I've had one for several months now. Also have the sport.

The ATX is cute. I have the 4x blades.  It just does not stand up to the Sport.  I'll get a few shaves with it. Then it seems that the blades are dull and it feels like scraping my head.  Don't like it.  I do like that it gets closer to the ears, but that's about the only advantage of the ATX over the Sport.

The 3x blades on the Sport seem to last and last and still seem sharp. 

I suspect that it would be almost impossible to cut my dome with the ATX, but I rarely have issues with the Sport, and when I do, it is clearly my fault.

I hope that the Head Blade people are reading these posts.  Yea! Sport.  So, so to the ATX.

At least I can still get sport blades online.  The 4x blades were HORRIBLE in the sport.  Forget that.

Sorry, just can't get used to the ATX and don't get a close shave with it.

Offline skram

• Sly
Re: HeadBlade ATX Video Review
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »
mrzed, I'm in agreement with you that the Sport is superior to the ATX. For me, I could not get as close a shave and it took multiple passes with the ATX.

However, I doubt that Headblade will go back to promoting the Sport. From all the promotion on the ATX and the feedback from first time Headblade users, this looks to be their growth market.

I think what is happening is that the ATX works so much more like a traditional handle razor (short stokes with varying pressure depending on the contour) that is is easier for people to switch over. Whereas those of us who started with the Sport, and know that keeping the wheels on the head and light pressure on the wheel, can get a quicker and closer shave with it.

To the comment about cutting the dome, my worst slice so far was with the ATX. (Mind you there haven't been many (knock on wood) - 2 with the Sport and 1 with the ATX  - in over 2 years of use of the Sport - both within the first month -  and 2 weeks of the ATX)

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »
Hmm.. now I want to try the Sport.  Been using the ATX for about 3 weeks so far and totally love it.  There's a couples spots that I have to make a few passes over to get really close but I had to do that with my Fusion and Hydro also..
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline BaldBassMan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »
Just bought the ATX the other night and have used it a few times. Overall I think its a great shave, takes a bit of getting used to but is good for a quick morning shave when you don't have time to spend using the DE razor. I definitely prefer using the DE razor, can spend a bit more time doing it but gets me that BBS shave I really want.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. - Romans 12:2

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 05:37:00 PM »
Wow, no-one has commented on this thread in over 3 years.  :o

So, just curious, what makes the ATX better than the MOTO version of the Headblade?

If a Headblade fan, are you using the HB4 or HB6 blades?

Also, in your opinion, what are the advantages of the HEADBLADE shavers over the Omnishaver and HalfTime Razor products?

Please share.

Thank you!!!
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Enter your email address: