Author Topic: HeadBlade ATX Video Review  (Read 37444 times)

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: HeadBlade ATX Video Review
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »
I was extremely disappointed with the headblade sport which I found extremely unprecise and not providing a deep shave as I would expected.
Now, with this new model things might change.
If people will find ATX a great advance maybe I'll give it a try ;)

I agree with you Cris.  I couldn't bring myself to give the HB sport more than one try and I'm also finding it difficult to throw it out (thinking there must be something wrong with me).  The ATX looks like a much better design but I can't jump in yet until more people comment on it.

I'm in the same boat, although I've never actually tried the HB before. I am interested in how this new model plays out though, given how much praise the HB in general gets around here....
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »
good review t O0 O0 O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »
Just curious, are people still using their ATX's or are some of you going back to the sport or your other razors of choice? The razor has been out for a bit now, I was just wondering if the novelty/hype has worn off?

Offline thedvsmonkey

• Learning the way of Sly
    • the devious monkey photography
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »
This is my first post and it's right after I shaved my melon for the first time with my new ATX.  I bought one and a pack of 6 bladers.  I have to say although I liked the Sport I instantly like the ATX better and so far I like the 6 blader as well.  Obviously, since this was my first shave with the ATX and I used the 6 blader, I haven't tried it with the supplied 4 blader.  I'll do that and post my experience after the 6 blader needs to be replaced.  But, this was after 2 days of growth ( I skipped last night and wanted to see how the ATX did with some growth) and it was the fastest smoothest shave yet since I've been shaving my melon.  I had to touch up a few spots since I'm not entirely used to the slight nuances of the new configuration but still found the experience to be a good one.  Bottom line  . . .   O0
Who must do the hard things?  He who can.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
Just curious, are people still using their ATX's or are some of you going back to the sport or your other razors of choice? The razor has been out for a bit now, I was just wondering if the novelty/hype has worn off?

I've gone back to the Sport for my headshave. I'm still using the ATX for my face.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »
Due to the reviews I've read so far, I don't plan on buying the atx. I am a big HB fan, and I think the Sport,(and Classic) work just fine. I don't feel the need to have to find the shave angle and degreee of pressure that seems to be needed with the atx. For all that, I can use a regular stick razor, which is just fine with me.

Offline packman

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
I'm going back to the Sport. Must be me and lack of getting the pressure right, but I've been using the ATX for a month and can't get an even shave.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: HeadBlade ATX Video Review
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 11:55:02 AM »
sport is the way to go! atx is pointless in my opinion, I don't really get it. I have a lot more control pushing with the sport and get Bbs shaves.

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »
Tyler, thanks for the review. I use the ATX and love it, but have not shaved yet with the new blades it came with.
Do you find any differences between using the Sensor blades and the new HB4&6. thanks

Offline bbcin1999

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
Wow. I just used my new ATX and have to say it is amazing that the new design is so much safer, no nicks or cuts. Also great that you can use it to shave neck, face etc. Still using both the Hydro 5 power and Headblade ATX, but could manage with just ATX. Wondering if POWER ATX is in Beta? It seems like a natural next product.

Offline eric79

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »
good review I still not sure if I want to get into another cartridge razor I use a DE mostly and would like to try one maybe but still not convinced.

Eric

Offline Surly Seabear

• Driven to make others laugh...
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2013, 06:34:55 AM »
Ok, just got my ATX and I am blown away...I have been shaving for about a week now...with a merkur safety razor which was ok, but nicks and cuts seemed to be annoyingly common...tried my old fusion...it was ok, less time that the safety razor, but not perfect...shaved this am with the ATX...half the time, closest shave, no nicks or cuts...I also used head slick which is pretty good...been using my wife's organic trader joes shaving cream, the Headslick is better...so I will be staying with it...but the ATX blew my mind...I am still rubbing my super smooth scalp in amazement!  Never tried their other razors...but I am so sold! :@`
"Life's like a movie, write your own ending
Keep believing, keep pretending
We've done just what we set out to do.
Thanks to the lovers, the dreamers, and you."

Offline baldcop

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »
Sorry to say this, but the ATX has been a major disappointment. Several passes and still leaves a patchy shave at best. Been using the sport for years and am still a huge fan of it. Gonna have to stick with my sport. :popo

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2014, 09:00:34 AM »
I tried the ATX but couldnt get on with it.

The Gillette Fusion Proglide Power is so much better for me

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »
Sorry to say this, but the ATX has been a major disappointment. Several passes and still leaves a patchy shave at best. Been using the sport for years and am still a huge fan of it. Gonna have to stick with my sport.

Same here, I really wanted to like the ATX, but it gives me a lousy shave and requires multiple passes. I will stick with the trusty Sport as well. In fact, anyone who wants the hardly used atx I have can send me a pm with your info and I will get it out to you. (US/Canada only).