Author Topic: Headblade ATX  (Read 12760 times)

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 04:55:28 AM »
My second impression:  Much better.  The HB6s are the best cartridges I've ever used.  They surpass even the coveted Fusion ProGlides. Yes, I acknowledge that I claimed to hate them previously, but I now realize, at least in my experience, the adapter is the weak point.

Thanks for the heads up.  I guess I'll give it another shot with the HB6 instead when I get around to ordering some.  I haven't really been satisfied with the HB4.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »
 "At this point, I'm wondering what's the point of the wheels."

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read your post. If you have to lift the wheels to find a "sweet spot", then it sounds like they aren't necessary. I can use a regular stick razor for that matter. Too many have stated that the shave is spotty, and who needs that?
I'm thinking I may just stick with my Sport. Been getting smooth shaves with both the Classic and Sport for five years now. I love HB and their products, but I think they may have been looking to compete with the "big two", especially with the jump to multi blade cartridges. I'll probably give it a shot, but going in it's already mostly negative. 

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »
Try this, instead of using the finger ring in the traditional sense hold it this way

"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 10:34:15 AM »
That's how I use it to shave my face. I'm still trying to find the best way to use it on my head.  ;-)  Again, I can't speak highly enough about the HB6 cartridges.  Clearly superior to the Fusion ProGlides,  which most will agree are very good.

Offline alaskandave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 06:07:36 AM »
I hope they come out with a different adaptor for the ATX. One that is fixed like the other adaptors. I have been using my ATX with the Gillette sensor three blades and it works fine. I do feel that the new blades are great. The problem is the adaptor. I love headblade and everything that the company is about, but I'm not going to pretend to like something when it's not working properly. I wanted to like it so bad. I feel the headblade was more concerned about people cutting their head rather than getting a close shave.
AlaskanDave

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 06:17:25 AM »
...If you have to lift the wheels to find a "sweet spot", then it sounds like they aren't necessary...
I expect a tag line, "Be a daredevil.  Pop a wheelie!"

I hope they come out with a different adaptor for the ATX. One that is fixed like the other adaptors...
That's what I'm hoping for.  But for now, I'll just lift.  I can't part with these HB6 cartridges.  The cartridge itself is perfect.