Author Topic: Derby International DE Razor  (Read 2854 times)

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
Derby International DE Razor
« on: September 01, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »
Has anyone tried one?  Sally Beauty Supply has them available at $13.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/safety-razor/SBS-676100,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: Derby International DE Razor
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »
That is what I started out with. It was ok in my opinion. I didn't get to try it for too long though because one of my boys asked to use it with out the blade. He did and after he used it for a while one of the butterfly side came off. I don't know if it was a fault in the razor or aggressive play by my boy.

At any rate, it's a low cost to try it out. I can't hurt to try it.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »
Thank you for your reply Doug.  I went to the local Sally's to look at it.  The clerk said they no longer stock them as they were being shoplifted as quickly as they put them on the shelf, or even stored behind the counter.  I would not have thought that a DE would be so popular.

Rather than spending $13 +shipping on something that may be of lower quality I ordered a Merkur #33C for $32 knowing that I will be buying a precision made tool.

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »
Wow, looks like you got a good review from the shoplifters! You are probably making a good decision...I just made a purchase with free shipping from Royal Shave and received it in three days, coast to coast.

http://www.royalshave.com/p/401-015-00/merkur_safetyrazor_classic_33c.html?gclid=CIX98Pj0l7ICFQKf7QodskAA2Q

Enter your email address: