Poll

WHAT ARE YOUR THREE FAVORITE DESIGNS FOR T-SHIRTS?

LOGO, OFFICIAL, BLACK
69 (26%)
VERTICAL LOGO, WHITE
27 (10.2%)
NO HAIR...NO WORRIES
62 (23.4%)
BIG WAVE...CLOSE SHAVE
17 (6.4%)
NAKED HEAD SURF CLUB
24 (9.1%)
SNORKEL BEACH BALD
2 (0.8%)
SURF BEACH BALD
13 (4.9%)
PADDLE BALD
3 (1.1%)
DOUBLE HEADER
5 (1.9%)
HEADS WIN
15 (5.7%)
PLAY SOCCER BALD
5 (1.9%)
GOLF EMBLEM, BLUE
6 (2.3%)
SAX APPEAL
8 (3%)
BLOW HARD
9 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: October 01, 2012, 12:16:56 AM

Author Topic: BALD IS BOLD T-SHIRT POLL  (Read 20362 times)

Offline BrotherBanzai

• Sly Jr.
Re: BALD IS BOLD T-SHIRT POLL
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »
It's kind of obvious, but I like first image. Simplicity is a key!!
P.S. Hmmm, just noticed that almost all smileys are bald^^
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/091121/samp49bcf811932528fc.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 12:06:38 AM »
Hello Brother Banzai,

You are right...simplicity is the key. Unfortunately it took me about three threes to apply that logic to my designs. After the official logo was created, I began getting more complicated with my designs. I started getting away from those by asking the artist to do the two music designs, "Sax Appeal" and 'Blow Hard" utilizing what I call "open line" drawing. We did the same do a lesser degree with the Play Soccer Bald graphic. And you will see future designs, which I will post on the forum, to be simpler using the "open line" technique and a maximum of 2-3 colors.

I love your observation of the Smileys being mostly bald...that is where the world is "headed" (excuse pun) and we SLY guys are on the forefront. Statistics say there are about 40 mil. bald folks ( by nature or self) in the US and almost one billion worldwide. For those members outside of US, we plan to bring you designs that, ion some cases, are unique to your country of origin.
Again, thks for your valuable input and so sorry to ramble on with the reply.  BK
Bald Kahuna

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 01:45:13 AM »
No need to apologise, I find it fascinating to see the thought processes behind things.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 05:19:23 AM »
The open line designs on the two music shirts were my favourite but I don't care for the innuendo. No offence meant

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
Beardman and SlyFive,

Thank you both for comments. I have a correction in my last post: it should read "three years" not "three threes."
The Music series open-line style started off with the sax and trumpet and will have 8-10 more designs including guitar, vocals, trombone, percussion, stand-up bass, big band, piano, and more. Its a fun series, and to me brings back memories of starting on Hawaiian guitar, then to violin and sax as a young boy. I don't play music now but love all...my favorite being progressive jazz.  BK
Bald Kahuna

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »
Many thanks for comments from Doug, Latin Coffee, Slynito, RoWilJr and Hingatoo,

I went SLY within a few months of living on Maui where we lived for three years. After the Official Logo of Head and BOLD shoulders was created, I designed No Hair...No Worries while sitting on the beach at Napilli Cove. Then came Big Wave...Close Shave. Paddle boarding got its big start in the Hawaiian Islands but I didn't create Paddle Bald until moving back to Pacific Grove, CA, last year.
Talk to you all soon,  BK
Bald Kahuna

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
WHITE LOGO ON BLACK SHIRT?

We want to offer the Official Bald is BOLD logo in a White design on a Black shirt, in addition to the Black design on a White shirt, the poll winner so far. You can see another favorite in the poll is the YOUNG OR OLD...BALD IS BOLD in White and Red on a Black shirt to get an idea of the look of White on Black.

What do you think...would you like this option when you go to our online store after the poll is complete?
Talk soon, BK
Bald Kahuna

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »
It's nice to see yo back Allen. Good luck on the relaunch.
I will purchase at least two when you let us know that they are available.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
I really like the Naked Head Surf Club!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

marty22

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »
I boutght the Bold shirt-with the back of a guy's head last year. On the beach in New Jersey, I got some very odd looks. LOL

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 02:07:55 AM »
WHITE LOGO ON BLACK SHIRT?

We want to offer the Official Bald is BOLD logo in a White design on a Black shirt, in addition to the Black design on a White shirt, the poll winner so far. You can see another favorite in the poll is the YOUNG OR OLD...BALD IS BOLD in White and Red on a Black shirt to get an idea of the look of White on Black.

What do you think...would you like this option when you go to our online store after the poll is complete?
Talk soon, BK

I am a black t-shirt kind of guy (I always destroy white t-shirts.... always), so I really like the idea of having the option!

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: BALD IS BOLD T-SHIRT POLL
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
Either way, I'm in for both!

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
RoWilJr and Beardman,

Thanks a bunch for the reply...YES, we will have the order option of the Official Logo in black on white shirts and the same logo in White on black shirts.
Also, if the design is printed big on the front there will be a small version printed on the upper back just below the neck seam. And if the logo is printed big on the back there will be a small version of it on the left chest.
The poll will be posted through Sept. 11th, then we will decide which shirts to print and then offer them on our new website so you can order.. I'M EXCITED!

Once again, my sincere thanks for what all the guys have done for me since I went SLY four years ago, especially Tyler and his hard working Moderators, BK
Bald Kahuna

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 10:44:51 AM »
Definetly like the idea of having the logo printed big on the back with a small version of it on the left chest. O0 O0 O:O

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
Definetly like the idea of having the logo printed big on the back with a small version of it on the left chest. O0 O0 O:O

Same for me. White on a black shirt... Love it! Like Beardman... I'm a black shirt kind of guy.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields