Author Topic: +- 1.5 weeks in bearding...  (Read 7667 times)

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
Re: +- 1.5 weeks in bearding...
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 02:27:41 AM »
Like people have said above, you really need to commit to growing a beard. I tried a few times but allways got to about 4 weeks and thought it wasn't working very well, was a pit patchy and scruffy looking and shaved it off. Turns out this was just an initiation test the beard is putting you through, I've sinced risen to the challenge and the beard has embraced my face!! I've found it takes aboute 3 months untill the beard is sitting pretty and comfortable on its new home.

I started about a year ago on mine, I had a job interview earlier this year and shaved it off and really didn't like my face without it so I grew it all back (after much grovelling to the beard). I know much prefer myself with it and if any job interviews etc. crop up I shall be taking the beard along with me for support.  :x!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »
Like people have said above, you really need to commit to growing a beard.

Agreed.

Great beard there, Gearhead. Do you shape it ?

Have you thought about shaving your head smooth rather than buzzcut ?

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »
I actually went sly this morning!

The beard is usually more trimmed and shaped but as I have some time off from work at the moment I'm just letting it do it's own thing!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 01:06:58 AM »
I actually went sly this morning!

The beard is usually more trimmed and shaped but as I have some time off from work at the moment I'm just letting it do it's own thing!

Are you enjoying your new sly look and feel ?

Been wearing a beard now for about 4 months. It's an enjoying experience of experimenting with shape and length !

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 02:54:41 AM »
Going from a no guard buzz to the sly so it's not really a big leap look wise, I'm getting used to the physical feel of it tho  ;D

Beards are great, really suit a bald head I reckon, without it i feel like I have too much skin on show if you know what I mean, like a big egg on top of my neck!! I've had a goatee for over 10 years, but only the full beard for a year, I thought it was just going to be a winter thing but it's hung round.

Only annoyance is I work repairing slot machines for a living in bars and clubs and it seems to attract idiots who feel the need to say stuff like "hey, your head is on upside down!" (mildly amusing the first 5 times!!), or, "are you a terrorist??".

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 04:22:27 AM »
Gearhead,

That's a good bald and bearded look on you. Suits you well.

It takes a little while to get used to the smooth sensation on your head.

I went bald first. And then added the beard a couple of months later. Think the two go together. Looking back when I was just bald only, it did make me look like an egg ! Beard adds character.

Don't worry about the beard and balded comments. People have joked about me being a terrorist too !!

Mind you, been able to travel abroad several times on my 9 year old passport trouble free.