Author Topic: Headblade ATX  (Read 59875 times)

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »
Antonio,

Head only. Honestly, I'm not seeing how it would work well on the face.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:32:33 PM by Mike_412 »

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »
Good news and bad news.  I received my order this past Thursday.  I used the ATX that evening and I wasn't impressed with the shave at all.  Very patchy.  I figured since it was my 1st shave there was a getting used to it period similar to when I 1st used my Headblade Sport.  Unfortunately, I had the same result for my 2nd shave.  I think I may have gotten a dull blade or something.  During my 2nd shave, I actually grabbed my Headblade Sport mid shave and tried the 4 blade on there and it wasn't much better to be honest.  This is coming from someone that is a huge fan of Headblade and have enjoyed using their Headblade Sport and triple blades for some time now.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try a different blade as I really like the design of the ATX (the grip is awesome imo) and prefer the pulling as opposed to pushing action.

One thing I wasn't aware of is that the ATX comes with two 4 blade razors.  Maybe I didn't see it on their website, but I wasn't aware (thinking it came with 1) and bought a pack of the 4 blade razors instead of the 6.  I would have bought a pack of the 6 blades instead in order to do a comparison.  I didn't want to make a decision on the 4 blade razor if it only came with one which is what I thought.  Just a heads up for anyone that may be of a similar mindset when placing an order.

On a side note, I also bought Clearhead for the 1st time and I absolutely love it.  The stuff rocks and I will definitely be purchasing more in the future.  I will also be purchasing some Headshed as well. The little sample was fantastic. It made me crave chocolate, but was fantastic nonetheless.
Make sure that the blades are on properly, they should be facing the wheels. Also make sure the adaptor is facing the correct way as well, if the blades extend past the body then the adaptor is on wrong. Don't give up on it yet. It's possible that you have a bad blade on yours try a fresh blade.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »
It works well with the face!  Also, if you use the HeadBlade already, you'll probably like the same blades on the ATX that you like on the original HeadBlade.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 06:00:10 AM »
It works well with the face!  Also, if you use the HeadBlade already, you'll probably like the same blades on the ATX that you like on the original HeadBlade.

Thanks Tyler. I have mine ordered and am looking forward to trying it out for both head and face. I would be thrilled to find something that works as well on my face as the HB does on my dome. 

I have a full package of the HB3 blades, so good to know that I can use those with it as well. Once I have it and have tried the HB4 it comes with, I'll get a package of the HB6 to try.

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »
I tried a new blade today and while the shave was a bit better, it was still rather patchy in a bunch of areas.  I could understand if I had a bunch of bumps or ridges on my head, but I don't.  Pretty crazy considering I've used the Headblade Sport for a couple of years now with zero issues.

Could it be an adapter issue?  The adapter and blade are on correctly, but could the adapter just be faulty or something?  I'm going to break out the new adapter that came in the 4 pack of blades and see if it's any better.  This is frustrating to say the least.

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
Which area of your head are you having trouble with?
Also try going against the grain then coming back with the grain or vice versa if you prefer.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:07:20 PM by greatnessinc »
-Winston Churchill

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
gotta say I like the ATX

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »
I had the blades on wrong when I first got mine so I ended up taking the whole drive backwards thing a bit too far, then Todd told me I had it on wrong so I put them on the right way; and ever since then it's been a brave new world.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
I had the blades on wrong when I first got mine so I ended up taking the whole drive backwards thing a bit too far, then Todd told me I had it on wrong so I put them on the right way; and ever since then it's been a brave new world.

Thanks for all your help man.  Much appreciated.  Today's shave was actually excellent.  I put a new adapter on, but I don't think that had anything to do with it personally.  I don't think I was previously applying enough pressure.  I must have had the don't apply any pressure stuck in my head since I previously used a Headblade Sport.  A slight amount of pressure seemed to do the trick.  Thanks again for your help!

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 01:00:08 AM »
Just ordered my ATX, and I can't wait. I have been dealing with horrendously long, unsatisfactory shaves with a gillette sensor 3 since my sport broke, and it almost put me off shaving till I get the ATX!

Offline DaveM61

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
ordered online about a 10 days ago ... have been using for a week ... 6 blades ... love it.  I think well improved product even though I thought the sport was good.

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »
My shaving has become a tale of 2 ATX's; 1 for the face the other for the dome. I use the 4blade for the face & 6blade on the dome.
-Winston Churchill

Offline headblade

• Sly Guy in Training
    • HeadBlade
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
(I've posted this in a couple other ATX threads...so am including it here, as well. Thanks)

We've had a few questions, and I see a couple posts, about how some people are getting a 'patchy' shave as compared with the complete clean shave from the Sport or S4.  It has to do with getting the pressure correct and finding the 'sweet spot' of the blade when shaving.  With the Sport and S4, the key is no pressure and the blade will pivot (like a see-saw) and will always be at the proper cutting angle.  As we've always stressed with the Sport and S4; no pressure on the blade!!

With the ATX it is different because, by having a forward facing pivot, and the blade in the back, you have to get the blade flush on the head, so you will need some pressure.  If you use to little, or too much, the blade will not be flat on the surface.  With the pivot on the ATX, if you  use too much pressure, the front guard will be pressed on the skin and actually lift, or pivot, the blade OFF your scalp, so  you won't get a clean shave, but again, you will not nick yourself either.

For longtime HeadBladers this will feel a bit strange.  It took me about two weeks to get completely comfortable with the early ATX prototypes last year...but now I prefer the ATX over any previous HeadBlade; mostly because I can shave my face and it's a much better blade.  And the rubber wheels are awesome!

Some existing HeadBladers may still prefer the Sport, and we spent a long time working the HB4 and HB6 adapter so the new blades are compatible with any previous HeadBlade!

For new HeadBladers the ATX is a lot more intuitive and an easier switch from a conventional razor.

We are trying to offer more choices for our existing customers while offering an easier entry into the HeadBlade family.  Some people never accepted, or adjusted, to the original 'blade first' design and stayed with a conventional handle.  The new blade technology, and forward facing pivot,  finally allowed us to design a razor with the blade on the back while retaining our commitment to providing the best headshaving equipment available.

If you've tried the ATX, and have experienced and patchy shaves, remember that there is a 'sweet spot' and even in Jacks' demo, he does lift the wheels towards the end of his stroke.  Personally I keep the wheels down the entire shave, but the new design is a lot more forgiving and easier to customize the shave for your own scalp.  So you can lift the wheels and put some pressure on the blade if that works best for you.

Hope this helps.  As always feel free to send me a note via the HeadBlade site.

Todd
HeadBlade

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2012, 01:49:48 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to pass along your advice. I will be ordering my ATX along with some ClearHead shortly so I will be taking your tips on board!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
Thanks Todd, when I finally get my hands on mine, I will keep that in mind  O0