Author Topic: Hi! So I shaved my head..  (Read 8206 times)

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Hi! So I shaved my head..
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »
welcome. it's a keeper.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 01:57:17 PM »
I agree with the guys sly suits you.  You're a natural :)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
Welcome, Trac! Looks good for a first time shave! I can't add on to what the others have said, but give it a go for 30 days....Sly HAS to be better than what you had before.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Andrei

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 05:23:29 AM »
Welcome and keep it shaved, it looks good.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 06:53:12 AM »
Hey there Trac, welcome to this fantastic website!

I am not just saying this, but the Sly look really suits you.

The guys who posted before me have said everything already, and it is all the truth...

Do the 30 day challenge, it is a great personal achievement to overcome and it helps with the final decision...
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Free at Last

• Head up Eye to Eye
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 07:32:15 AM »
Welcome Trac!!!

You look AWESOME!

Listen to these guys.
They are absolutely right in their choice of words.
The Truth Shall Set You Free

Offline Trac3

• Code Genie
  • Sly Jr.
    • Exorte Studio - Indie Mobile Games
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
Ok, so it has been 2 days now and another shave. I start to get a hang of shaving head but there are few problems I will get into more detail below.

One thing I noticed that I now notice people whit shaved heads. I guess it's something to do with what you are experiencing as I was balding I started to notice other people who were balding. Another thing is that for some people I just want to go to them and say "Shave your head it will look awesome".

I haven't been out much but when I am in a city, public transport etc.. I feel comfortable with myself and that is a good thing. :) However, yesterday it was 1 and 1/2 day after my shave I saw myself in a mirror and saw hair. They grow back so fast... Problem was that I wear a hat back home as I didn't like the look after not shaving..

One friend suggested that I try to use hot and wet towel on my head after shave as it slows down hair growth? True/False? Any other suggestions on this matter?

Answers to some of you guyz

You show some 'fur' on your back, so you might be able to grow a decent beard quickly.  I always appreciate a beard with a bald head. They seem to go together. Just a thought.

Ya... That was always a problem with me being too hairy.. It is strange how it works that you are balding but hair grows in other places.. Beard wasn't an option for me before as I have pure black beard but light hair.. Now I might even try it after I get more used to sly look.

Trac.  You look a natural.  Give it the 30 days.  NEVER EVER consider hair systems or transplants.  As Sly Bear says the only winners there are the charlatans selling their hocus pocus.

The most important thing for me is to feel good by myself and if that means spending whole loads of money for companies then it's fine with me.. However I am really starting to dig this new sly look. :)

Welcome, Trac! Looks good for a first time shave! I can't add on to what the others have said, but give it a go for 30 days....Sly HAS to be better than what you had before.....

First one disagreeing with my look.. However sly look looks great on you. ;) Will see how it goes for me :)

Other questions

What do you do to prepare your head for shave? I use warm water for ~20 seconds and then just put on shaving cream and do the thing. Should I try something else? I don't see a point for a shampoo as I don't have hair to clean.. :D

I heard that racor last only for 4-5 shaves? That is true? As I bought Gillette Fusion (5 blades) and razors are very expensive for them.. Will have to change in that case..

Plans

I guess now I just have to try to shave my head every morning to get used to a process and make it a part of my day. Will try to get more fit, but that isn't related to sly look.. :)

Get out of my cave more often to get some tan on my head :D Hard thing to do when I often stay up all night and sleep in mid-day..

Thank you all for help so far. I think you made a big change here making me feel comfortable with the new look. :)

P.S. Sorry for the long reply as I was reading all of them just didn't have time to answer then.. :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:22:26 PM by Trac3 »
Going sly might just be one of those things that will change my life :) Thanks! :)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »
Trac, if you want a longer lasting shave, my suggestion would be to invest in a shaving brush and use that to apply your favorite shaving cream...Ever since I've started using the brush, my shaves have lasted longer. Once you become a veteran shaver, you can look into more advanced things such as different razors, shaving soaps, etc. I do want to apologize if I was offensive by jumping the gun and saying that what you had before looked bad when I haven't even seen it....I was just trying to say that sly might be better than losing sleep over thinning/balding hair that costs a fortune to get back. I wish you well in whatever direction you decide, good luck and keep us posted!

Offline Trac3

• Code Genie
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »
I wasn't offended ;) You just were the first person who told that sly look might not look good on me ;)

I have a shaving brush.. Tried it once when shaving beard and didn't like it.. Might be because I didn't know how to use it properly.. Will give it a go in a few days.

Just remembered one question that came in my head yesterday.

How do you shave top of your head? It almost seem like it is growing straight up and it's just strange shaving it.. Maybe because my thinning hair.. Don't know.. For start I am shaving with the grain but I might try against it in a few weeks when I am more comfortable shaving my head.
Going sly might just be one of those things that will change my life :) Thanks! :)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »
No, my statement was: Sly HAS to be better than what you had before...meaning that your shaved head looks better than a "skullet". Sorry if my previous posts came across wrong, your shaved head looks great! Try it for 30 days! As for the top of the head, many of us have that issue, it's going to take a little time to perfect it. Good luck!

Offline natedraven

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Bald Guy Secrets | The One Website Every Bald Man Should Visit
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 03:46:36 PM »
Trac,

In the research that we have done, 73% of the people feel like they look like sh*t when they first shave their head. Its too shocking for the human psyche to comprehend at first. I agree with everyone else here in trying the 30 day challenge.

Good Luck,
Nate

Offline Trac3

• Code Genie
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 03:56:29 PM »
It is shocking but I kinda dig my new look. Problem is when hair grows back.. :) Must agree that it is much better than what I had before :) Will post few pics with hair in a few days so you can compare if interested.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 04:18:51 PM »
Shave everyday. If your finding it pricey to shave everyday, consider an electric balder/shaver. They give you a shave just as close as a razor if you get the right one. I don't use one as they irritate me.

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
  • Bald and Bearded...and loving it!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
Welcome Trac3,

Your pictures look good and you don't like the hair growing back.....you must already love being Sly? O0

Offline baldilocks76

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »
Hi
Each day or at least each week you'll feel like shaving your head over and over again - who cares what others think as long as you are happy with it.
Welcome to the Bald community, pal.  ;)

Enter your email address: