Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 890084 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:44 AM »
Another brother with a massive beard, that is what I like to see!   O0

You most certainly not cut it haha, I think you might even peg me in length too!

@ Jules, Very true on all counts mate, hoping to sink a couple of frothies over the weekend!

@Nate, a little trim to keep it in line is never a bad thing. I don't think I will be doing a major hedging any time soon, I've gone mine growing pretty much how I want it for now.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »
Beardman, I think it would be a good thing for me at this point. It's getting wild and untamed  ;D.

A most excellent beard, HEAD. Very impressive!  O0
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »
Having a major 'I love my beard' moment. It's full bodied, lush and deep of character. It's taken 4 months of growing and periodic visits to the barber for a shape and trim. Really wish I'd grown a beard years ago, but didn't think it was possible or suitable. But late than never.

Bit curious to know what I would have looked like with hair and beard. But will only ever know the beard and bald look.

Might grow it some more....

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 02:35:20 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me. O0

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me. O0

Pleased the way the beard is holding shape.

It's the slow growing process and little shaping and trimming here and there. And give it time, plenty of time, and you get a nice rewarding characterful beard on your face. Worth all the effort.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »

About 8 months of growth here. Not sure just how far I'll let it go.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
Getting beard envy!! I try and grow mine out but then trim it back after a few months as I feel it looks messy! I also tend to find my beard gets a direction two it and kinda flows towards my righthand side  :/O

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »
About 8 months of growth here. Not sure just how far I'll let it go.
Bear in mind that the little one is gonna love to play with that!  8)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 12:01:53 AM »
Cut mine down with a 1-guard today....was tired of the "chinstrap" and wanted to go wider.....it will be worth it, my goal is to have a thicker, wider beard by my sister's wedding on February 23rd....there will be other sly bearded guys in the wedding and I want to fit right in.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 05:53:57 AM »
@MrJules: Your beard is coming along nicely  O0 As long as you are feeling like it can grow longer let it :D I am kind of scared at how far I am willing to take mine...

@Vash: That is an awesome looking beard man, there is just something I like about a good ginger beard... It always reminds me of a Scottish guy or a lumberjack rofl

Getting beard envy!! I try and grow mine out but then trim it back after a few months as I feel it looks messy! I also tend to find my beard gets a direction two it and kinda flows towards my righthand side  :/O

Mine almost splits into 2 even parts sometimes... I like it  O0

@Harry: I'm sure by February you will have an awesome beard for the wedding, you have plenty of time to train and tame it  O0

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2012, 04:24:33 AM »
@MrJules: Your beard is coming along nicely  O0 As long as you are feeling like it can grow longer let it :D

Thanks Beardman. Think I've reached the limit of how far I want to grow it. Latest pic shows a recent visit to the barber. I've lost the chops, though there was not much there anyway !

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2012, 05:07:42 AM »
I really like the new look mate. I don't think I've seen a beard quite like that before  O:O I always say that eventually you will find the length that you like best and you are proof of that, I'm still working on my ideal length haha.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 06:58:45 AM »
I really like the new look mate. I don't think I've seen a beard quite like that before  O:O I always say that eventually you will find the length that you like best and you are proof of that, I'm still working on my ideal length haha.

Thanks Beardman. It's taken quite a few months to reach an idea look and length.

Have you considered going to the barbers ? He might be happy to shape your beard and advise.

Oh, just realised that I have been bald for 8 months as of yesterday (6 Oct 2012). Very smooth shave this morning and plenty of shine. :)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
I have considered the idea, and I'm sure I'll get there one day, hopefully in the not so distant future! 8 months, that's awesome mate, I just ticked over my 4 months on the 2nd

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 02:10:21 AM »
I've decided to turn mine into a long goatee with short beard surrounding it.  I just started the beard about 4 weeks ago and plan to let that part go another 2-4 weeks and then maintain that part at whatever the length ends up being.

I was at a bar tonight that was holding a Halloween night and I did not dress up, but there was another guy there who had a simple costume that was basically me.  Although he was wearing a hat with a fake ponytail he had a fake long goatee on his chin and the funny thing was that the fake goatee was shorter than mine.  :) 

The goat really soaks up cigarette odor too and anytime I'm in a place like this bar with cigarette smoke it ends up smelling like an ashtray until I take a shower.   Maybe it's because it's right under my nose but I think it soaks up odor more than my clothing does.   I don't think I could tolerate this goatee if I was an actual smoker!
You don't know me, but I know you.

Enter your email address: