Author Topic: New sly guy  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: New sly guy
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »
Yes, it does. With practice you'll get the hang of it quickly. For now, don't go too fast, or obsess too much about getting it absolutely perfect You'll be an old pro at it before you know it.

Yeah, what Sly Bear said. I found it was somewhere between Day #7 and #10 when the amount of time dramatically shortened for head shaving. Just go slow. And you'll figure out the best shaving direction and technique for your unique areas. I've got a couple of spots which seem to require attack from all directions to get them smooth.

It's a great look for you.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline yelloboy32

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't talk about it, Be about it
    • Williams On Sports
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »
Looks good. Welcome to the club. After about two weeks of the 30 day challenge, it all became second nature for me.
"Success is a journey, not a destination...the doing is more important than the outcome". -Arthur Ashe

Offline balddoc

• Sly
  • Badass and bald to the bone.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »
Looks good. Welcome to the club. After about two weeks of the 30 day challenge, it all became second nature for me.
O0
Welcome to SBG! Looks great.
Mike

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 06:27:44 PM »
I think you look way better without hair. Nice work.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »
Welcome to SBG !  Will ... your "after" slydome looks totally 100% positive compared to your "before" photo !  Please take this as compliment as you look slyly fantastic !  Your g/f has  a great guy at her side.  Congrats !

TINSLEYCLAY

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 09:06:18 PM »
Well done man! Looks good and your smile shows confidence.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 12:59:13 AM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Will. Don't grow your hair back.  :)
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Alabama2012

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »
Thanks again for all the positivity, everybody.  I had my second shave yesterday (my girlfriend's brother was giving me a hard time about my "5 o'clock shadow" :*)) ).  I used Edge shave gel with Aloe for sensitive skin, and a brand new Mach 3 razor--it went great!  It still took me quite a while to get a good even shave, but I didn't have to touch up anywhere on my head afterward.  I was much more confident while shaving, and it was so much smoother than the first shave.

Later last night, I went to a bar, where I got a look of affirmation from the bouncer, who I believe was sly underneath his hat.  I've read that a few of you have lived in Asia.  One sly guy seeing another felt like that look that one Westerner gives to another in a place where there's only a few of you. In China, we're called "lao wai," which means "old foreigner."  It's somewhere between this O0 and this 8) , and Chinese people give you this look  :o or this look :@` (although thankfully nobody gives me a look of shock because of my bald head).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:18:00 PM by Alabama2012 »

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 03:33:24 PM »
It seems unreal to me that both pics show the same person.  I don't need to tell you that your shaved dome is a keeper. Congrats and welcome to the club.
Stick to the basic rules and find your routine and weapons. It takes some time and practice so don't give up

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »
It seems unreal to me that both pics show the same person.  I don't need to tell you that your shaved dome is a keeper.

Agreed. Humongous improvement. It's a great look for you, Will. Hope you'll keep it for years to come!

Welcome to the site, by the way!
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »
Once again, welcome.  The new look is great for you, it even shows in your face! 
Stan

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 06:37:21 PM »
Welcome, Will!

that "after" shot is definitely YOU, man.   You look younger and more "defined."

Welcome aboard, mate!

Offline KG

• Extraordinary Sly Guy
  • Sly
  • Sly since 7/27/2012
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 11:22:24 PM »
Welcome.  Much improved.
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be sly.

Offline goingbald20

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 01:09:57 AM »
Looking at your before and after pictures. I'll have to say that the bald look really suits you, man. You have what I call a perfect head shape!

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2012, 10:16:09 AM »
Hey Will believe me it gets easier with time.  It now takes me less than 4 minutes to shave the dome.  I also use the Mach III but us head slick mentholated shave cream.  Just thought I'd share.