Author Topic: New sly guy  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Alabama2012

• Sly Guy in Training
New sly guy
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:01:12 AM »
Hello all.  My name is Will, and I'm 25 years old.  I just shaved my head a couple hours ago.  I've posted a before and after picture for you.  I saw your website tonight and decided to finally shave it down.  

I was a little worried that my head would look crazy bald, but now I'm really pleased with how it looks!  Thanks for the boost of confidence!  Also, I think I will try the 30 day challenge, and see how I feel about it in a month.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:10:24 AM by Alabama2012 »

Andrei

Re: New sly guy
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:52:48 AM »
Welcome Will!
I just wanted to say that the change is amazing, looking great with your new sly look. I really hope you'll keep it.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 03:14:57 AM »
Welcome Will.

Pictures don't lie, and the smile you're showing in the "after" is genuine pleasure. You look great!

Commit to the 30 days which will reinforce the look for you and others, but also gives you time to learn the new motor skills for head shaving, and helps your scalp toughen a bit. I found it took about 10 days for my scalp/hair to realize this was the "new me" - even the consistency of my hair seemed to relax and be easier to shave.

And I don't know if I can, but I'm amending the 30-day rule to add: Check in here every couple of days and let us know how things are going. Any issues? Any unexpected pleasures? Any newly discovered insight?

Enjoy the look and the freedom. You're a natural.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline IllinoisBaldy

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:14:27 AM »
Welcome to SBG Will.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:30:13 AM »
WOW what a difference.  You look friggin amazing sly.  Forget about the 30 day rule, you need to do the forever rule.  Keep up the great work.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:28:54 AM »
Welcome, Will! Glad to have another S.S.G. (Southern Sly Guy) on board! The shaved head looks great, enjoy and post often!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Brade

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »
The after picture is "you"!  Much better. O0

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 08:09:08 AM »
Will, Ditto to all of the above!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »
Welcome, Will!  It looks great.  Keep up the good work.
Stan

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »
Looks great. Keep it up. Welcome.

Offline Alabama2012

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »
Thanks for all the positivity guys.  I am actually sitting here with my girlfriend, and she loves it!  I surprised her last night with my new look ;D ;D .  I went over to her sister's house well past midnight to see if she was home.  At first she didn't even notice :*)) : just a "Hey, Will.  Good to see you!" Then she was like "Holy crap, where did your hair go?!"  She seems to be enjoying it more than I am!  Thanks again.

marty22

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »
much better.....welcome!

Offline Alabama2012

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
FrontierGuy, I accept your amended 30-day challenge.  About the shave: I found it really difficult to get it even.  It took me a couple hours when it was all said and done to go from hair to clean shaven.  I got it all really short with an electric razor, and then used gel and a bad to mediocre razor to shave in the shower.  I kept looking at the back of my head and seeing some "long" patches, even though I had already shaven them!  

Also, I thought it was really hard to shave the curve of my head in the back.  Does that get better?  The skin was just soooo soft that the razor felt like it just sunk into the skin. I eventually went for one last cleanup and ended up cutting myself on the right side of the curve on the back of my head.

All said and done, I think it was pretty successful. I have one smooth, light mole toward the front of my head that I had been worried about, but it's really not even too noticeable.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »
About the shave: I found it really difficult to get it even.
Shaving when the hair is longish, even clipper length, is a lot more difficult than shaving daily or even every other day. If I let mine go for more than three days (rare), it's a bear to shave.

So it'll be a lot easier now that it's all the way down.

Also, I thought it was really hard to shave the curve of my head in the back.  Does that get better?
Yes, it does. With practice you'll get the hang of it quickly. For now, don't go too fast, or obsess too much about getting it absolutely perfect You'll be an old pro at it before you know it.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 12:36:27 PM »
welcome.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter