Author Topic: can i use headblade??  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Shane.G

• Mr Graves
  • Sly Jr.
can i use headblade??
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »
when i shave my head with my manual razor i cant get a clean cut with long strokes i ahve to use short fast strokes to get a close shave. am i doing something wrong and will i still be able to use a headblade??

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
Re: can i use headblade??
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:16:46 AM »
when i shave my head with my manual razor i cant get a clean cut with long strokes i ahve to use short fast strokes to get a close shave. am i doing something wrong and will i still be able to use a headblade??

Not sure if you are doing anything wrong. Personally, I've used the Headblade. Been shaving for exactly 10 weeks today - and used the Headblade from day 5. The HB does have mixed reviews. For me, it's a great product. I really struggle with a traditional handle razor. You might get along with very well with it. But, the HB is tricky for behind the ears, I'm only just getting the hand of shaving there now.

Getting better with Mach 3 blades with Headblade. Less irritation and smoother shave. The profile pic now is today, after a particularly good result with HB + mach 3 and finishing off with a bit of gloss for extra shine.

You getting better at shaving your head now ?

Offline Shane.G

• Mr Graves
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:35:29 AM »
yes im alot less picky about gettin a 'perfect' shave which has lead me to less irritation and 0 nicks :) yes it might not be perfectly smooth to touch bt to anyone else im bald ::)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 04:39:49 AM »
yes im alot less picky about gettin a 'perfect' shave which has lead me to less irritation and 0 nicks :) yes it might not be perfectly smooth to touch bt to anyone else im bald ::)

In my opinion, you have exactly the right approach. Don't worry if you still have a few fuzzy bits here and there. You can feel then. No one can see them.

For instance, I can feel a tiny fuzz spot near by my crown. When I go out, everyone sees a bald guy with the shiniest head in north London.  :)

Offline bbmountain

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Bald Guy by choice
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:53:37 AM »
Mr. Jules...I didn't know that the Mach 3 blades work with the Headblade!  I have a lot of the Mach 3 Turbo cartridges (Costco)...do you know if these will work with the Headblade Sport?  I really like the Mach 3 Turbo blades because there's a lot of space between the 3 blades so rinsing and keeping them unclogged is super easy...would be nice to be able to use them on Headblade!  If they do indeed work...is there anything I need to know about attaching them (adapter needed, etc.)?

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 08:58:51 AM »
BBmountain,

Yes the mach 3 blades work with the Headblade Sport. I shaved only this morning, use this combination.

I agree with you: mach 3 blades are better. And for me, they give a better shave than the Headblades razors, which are overpriced - or at least here in the UK they are.

You should find your Heablade Sport has two adapters: one yellow and one black. Use the black adapter with your Mach 3 blades.
Picture of the black adapters here:
http://www.body4real.co.uk/files/b4rimg/HeadBlade/sensor_type_adaptors_lg.jpg

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 07:49:11 AM »
I have a Gillette Mach 3 blade in one hand and the black adapter in the other.  I cannot see how the two will join up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
Jules, are you sure your not using a Gillette sensor excel 3 blade?