Author Topic: To Shave or not to shave  (Read 34179 times)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: To Shave or not to shave
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 05:42:38 AM »
The question is, if your hair is really that bad, why are you even keeping it around? You'll look good, trust me, just very different.

what do you mean "different"?

I think he meant different as in "New and Improved."
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2012, 12:27:24 PM »
almost thought we scared you away ;) (JK)
you're welcome!!

Really likin the 1/16th guard with the tapper all the way up cut every week, sure it may be allot of work but i like the look for now haha.
Good you found something you feel comfy with!! That's the most important part.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:02:28 AM by Ben32 »

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »
been sporting the 1/16th guard with tapper all the way up seems alright to me till i get the courage to keep my head shaved for the rest of my life because once i start i probably wont stop lol.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2012, 01:11:41 AM »
once i start i probably wont stop lol.

You say it like it's a bad thing  :/O

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
...  till i get the courage to keep my head shaved for the rest of my life because once i start i probably wont stop lol.

Well, it really can get addicting to feel a smooth shaved head !!! ;) so do it  ;D
I think i would not know which route to go beeing 18.
I might would follow the rule the less hair, the shorter the haircut or so. i don't know. :-\

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2012, 05:18:47 PM »
Why have you not done it yet? Just do it. That's all that can be done now. Just do it. You don't need courage or willpower. Just do it.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2012, 05:49:52 PM »
Just have concerns about where i have somewhat of a dark tan if i do shave my head my head will be discolored from having what hair i do to shaving it off also on how my high school friends and teachers along with my family will think of me.
Well just do it I'm still in high school my teachers didn't say anything about it besides asking why I did it and my school friends only want to rub my head constantly and honestly I love that part :@` and I still have a lot discoloring my self and its no big deal it will be colored in over a period time. Just use a brand new sharp razor and shave they dome of yours and don't put to much pressure when shaving your head with the razor by all means you have nothing to worry about. ;D

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2012, 02:46:57 PM »
I would like to thank everyone for their support and urging me to do what needs to be done but to get what some people wants takes time. I am looking to be the best shape and best person i can be by the time prom comes around next year (same school year senior) I've already went from 245 roughly pounds to a constant 210 still wanting to get down to 190~ and gain some more muscle but i like the progress i have went through over the summer losing roughly 45 pounds and gaining 10 lbs of muscle. If you have any suggestions on how i could improve myself they would be taken into consideration and i would like to thank you all in advance.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »
Congratulations Who on your success this far ... sounds like you are doing all the right things. Continue on and don't allow any slight plateaus or detours derail you. Clearly you've got all that you need to make this happen.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2012, 07:53:59 AM »
I would like to thank everyone for their support and urging me to do what needs to be done but to get what some people wants takes time. I am looking to be the best shape and best person i can be by the time prom comes around next year (same school year senior) I've already went from 245 roughly pounds to a constant 210 still wanting to get down to 190~ and gain some more muscle but i like the progress i have went through over the summer losing roughly 45 pounds and gaining 10 lbs of muscle. If you have any suggestions on how i could improve myself they would be taken into consideration and i would like to thank you all in advance.

Just keep filling out the Batsuit and... unfilling out the helmet.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »
My motto: "just do it!"
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »
Congrats on the weightloss. How do you try to keep the 210?

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2012, 11:06:07 AM »
Congrats on the weightloss. How do you try to keep the 210?

just watching my calorie intake and what my daily activity burn is. but i would like to get down to 190 or 200 after 10lbs more of muscle.

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »
I've grown into the 1/16th guard but getting old because i dont like how you can see the hair on the sides more than the top if you know what i mean so it probably wont be long till i start shaving this dome.

Would help if my facial hair would become fuller already  :-\

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:11:26 PM by Who Knows »

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2012, 01:30:35 PM »
You realize that if you shave it now it'll grow back to this length in about 3-5 days? There really isn't any difference except for the fact that you basically have nothing but shadow at present.