Author Topic: To Shave or not to shave  (Read 34188 times)

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
Re: To Shave or not to shave
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
O0 Cool !!
How do you like it? Does it feel good?

I also recommend the Fusion for the first time. Good result, less irritation. At least it should be some HQ-Razor.

A hot shower maybe before to soften up the stubble or some preshave stuff. A quality shave gel to lock in moisture and a some non alcoholic aftershave.
First with the grain. If you wanna have it real smooth then against the grain (cool to do so !!!) Maybe use your other hand to follow the razor to feel if it got all and left the area smooth.

I wouldn't overdo it for the first time (like going over it several times). The skin is sensitive first time. You might wanna use some cold water to rinse off for less irritation and less shaving pimple. Works for me. Let me tell you, the skin will feel numb after your very first shave. That's part of shaving first time.

(BTW the room looks cool with that dark walls and the guitar hanging there)

Yea i know the numb feeling i have shaved it before but it really wasn't done right to be honest. And what about several passes over the area the first time? or should i just keep it down to like 1-2 passes to keep from getting irritation because when i shave my face i get irritated really easily idk what im doing wrong tho.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »
Yea i know the numb feeling i have shaved it before but it really wasn't done right to be honest. And what about several passes over the area the first time? or should i just keep it down to like 1-2 passes to keep from getting irritation because when i shave my face i get irritated really easily idk what im doing wrong tho.

You've done it before, cool.
Well i got a bit obsessed and wanted it a smooth a possible and worked the sides of my head to often (more then 2 or 3 times ;) ), everything turned red for a day or 2 in that area, was not to bad. But other than that, no shaving pimples or so. Since I've done it like i described it before it works fine for me. Just use a real good razor. Make sure to re-apply shave prep before going over again. I get more easily irritated in the face as well. I heard that a lot from other shavers. Oviously the face gets more easily irritated.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:23:07 PM by Ben32 »

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »
yea i guess we all have a more chance of being irritated when shaving on your face, still could always go for some tips when shaving my face and when i get to shaving my head tho. We all could improve our methods right? haha.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »
my method is perfect  ;) ::)  (for me)
there are much more tips here http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=923.0 (shave routine)

keep us updated!

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Good haircut, man! The short buzz really suits you well, but I think that a smooth head would be much better for you.
Go for it, mate.
BaldBill

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 09:22:47 PM »
Looks great. You will like it once you go all the way. Baby butt smooth is the best.

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
Looks great. You will like it once you go all the way. Baby butt smooth is the best.

probably will when summer rolls around to get more sun on it and will more than likely be going off to College by then.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »
You look younger and more your age already with the short buzz!  And it looks good.

Good idea to definitely shave before going to college.  Fresh start.  Just make sure you own the look!  Like the others have said, mother nature isn't giving you a choice but head shaving is popular today and a much better option than hair transplant, wigs, or drugs to try to save what you have.  You'll be much better off and thankful you didn't go down those routes when you get older.

Keep us posted.

theman

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »
You look younger and more your age already with the short buzz!  And it looks good.

Good idea to definitely shave before going to college.  Fresh start.  Just make sure you own the look!  Like the others have said, mother nature isn't giving you a choice but head shaving is popular today and a much better option than hair transplant, wigs, or drugs to try to save what you have.  You'll be much better off and thankful you didn't go down those routes when you get older.

Keep us posted.
Said it all , so what's next ?   :/O

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »
thanks for every response guys means allot

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2012, 02:22:58 AM »
almost thought we scared you away ;) (JK)
you're welcome!!

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
almost thought we scared you away ;) (JK)
you're welcome!!

Really likin the 1/16th guard with the tapper all the way up cut every week, sure it may be allot of work but i like the look for now haha.

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
The question is, if your hair is really that bad, why are you even keeping it around? You'll look good, trust me, just very different.

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 05:27:26 PM »
The question is, if your hair is really that bad, why are you even keeping it around? You'll look good, trust me, just very different.

what do you mean "different"?

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2012, 02:15:36 AM »
Welcome Who Knows

your new look suits you, go for it! O0