Author Topic: Do you use a blade bank?  (Read 14967 times)

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
Re: Do you use a blade bank?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
I use the back side of the blade "box". I've seen the banks and thought about buying one but the last time I tried to order from West Coast Shaving (the only place I found them), they were out of stock.

The vitamin bottle idea sounds good and it comes free with the vitamins.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 01:18:37 AM »
Somehow a metal blade bank is more appropriate from a re cycling point of view than a plastic one.  The poor waste recycling employees who sort out the plastic from the steel will have a tough time if a plastic container is filled with blades.

@Bucksfan, some nice pics there, thanks for sharing.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »
Perhaps this problem of disposal is being over-thought?  But I have no dog in this fight.

Antediluvian Ming still uses injector blades (remember them?) and the injector has a slot in its back for the old blade.  Problem solved.

Who says new things are better things in all ways?

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »
When the tin gets full, where do you put them? In the bin? If so, that could get dangerous! I just wrap my blade in abit of tissue and place in the bin.

Offline medpsy82

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 02:00:36 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would mention something. I use Wilkinson Sword blades and the container that houses them has a slit in the back/bottom side to put the used blades in. When the blades are all used there is a cardboard piece that separates the used from the top. I wonder if other packages from different brads have the same thing?
[img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/120919/samp3c41427fc0c77b87.jpg[/img]    ~No Worries~

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »
On this topic, but not helpful to it, I remember they tore down an old Hotel here in Tampa a few years ago.
One of the things that stuck out in my mind was the demo guys saying how many DE razors there were in the
wreckage. A older gentleman that was near the site piped up and said, "Back in the day before these plastic thingies, there was a slot in the wall of the hotel room for old razor blades."
Apparently, 70 years of razor blades in a 20 story building equates to A WHOLE DAMN LOT of razors in the walls!!
I don't wanna sift through the rubble. LoL!!
Keith

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Do you use a blade bank?
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »
Just found this http://bit.ly/OwMvFE pricey though.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Do you use a blade bank?
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 01:21:45 AM »
There's a few on eBay actually

Offline Fourseamer

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 07:58:22 PM »
I have used blade banks for years. I have used real blade banks and have also made my own from all kinds of containers like, pipe tobacco tins, Altoids tins, baking powder tins.............

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
I never really thought to have a blade bank until reading this thread, but it definitely makes sense.  I'm not trying to have one of my razors cut open a trash bag and get trash juice everywhere when I take it to the dump )-m  I recycle also so that'll be easy to do.  I've been using a soup can without a lid for the past couple months.  Looks like it'll take about 5 years or more to get anywhere close to full, haha.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

theman

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 05:18:37 PM »
Back in the day the medicine cabinet in the bathroom used to have a slot for used blades.
Started one again, fresh day , old blades !  Lot cheaper to , good trip !   ;) 8)

theman

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 12:33:18 PM »
This item is gonna come in handy now that went the DE  ;) O0  Great advice !

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:06 PM »
Back in school what I'd do to dispose of old exacto knife blades is wrap them in a piece of painters tape (the cheap blue stuff).
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:38 AM »
I've been using a Ziploc bag....Now that I live alone, no worrying about snoopy kids/wives touching my stuff by mistake  ;D ;D
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »
old coffee can hole cut in top lid duck tapped on
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Enter your email address: