Author Topic: I know that we have many DE Razor fans here that have a collection !  (Read 3393 times)

theman

I think it would be really neat (cool) outta sight to get some photo's of collections with info about them , Also Brush's, Cups, etc..  Also add straight razors , straps etc. . 

With my OBS, I have had many collections, such as Pipes, Guns, Knives, Watch's, now I like Razor's DE not saying I am going to shave with all of them.  But if one comes along (vintage) price is right it is mine  ;) Probably be one of the cheapest collections I have had.  But interesting.  But some of you brothers have some more pricey items in yours so let's parley and see some shot's.   Sp we cam all drule.  :) O0

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: I know that we have many DE Razor fans here that have a collection !
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »
As far as I know Warhawk has the biggest collection these days!  Hope to see some pics Mel!

theman

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:20:54 AM »
As far as I know Warhawk has the biggest collection these days!  Hope to see some pics Mel!
Bluebriz, that is what I was also thinking.  ;) :)

theman

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »
My dad, meant well but no father son realationship as alot of you others have had.  But like many things when he passed , he did have alittle razor in a small box !  I know some of you guys have seen them it was in a very small box , green .  He was im WW 11 like Archie Bunker , would say !  Have not idea what happened to it the handle was so dern, short , but sure would like to have one like it. So when you are out there hounddoggen , check and PM me.  ;) 8)  Thanks gents ! 

Slynito

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:16:42 AM »
Yep, Warhawk has a fine collection of shave equipment and one of these days I'm going to take a pic of my little group of toys to post. Man, I did post a pic of a small Gillette Tech that I did a SOTD with.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »

From top: a Gillette Old Type, a Gillette New Type, and a Merkur 933

Beginning with the last one: it is a travel razor, that I found on leesrazors.com. I found the New Type in an antique store for ten dollars. I had it cleaned and sanitized. As for the Old Type, it once belonged to my paternal grandfather, who passed it down to my father. I had it cleaned, sanitized, and put away in storage.

A picture featuring "both types" together.

I love safety razors, and at one point used them exclusively. Oddly, after growing a beard, and not using one as often aside from the neckline, I forgot how to use one with ease. Although I use the modern multi-blade doohickey devices, safety razors have a place in my heart.
Once upon a time. The End.

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »
Very nice, Imaginary! Those old open combs are from the 1920s, right?

O0

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »
I had looked them up one time, but I forgot the precise age. I do know that the Old Type is from around that decade. One of the differences (aside from stress cracks in the handle being common,) is the construction of the top piece, making the Old Type more aggressive than the New Type.
Once upon a time. The End.

Slynito

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »
I had looked them up one time, but I forgot the precise age. I do know that the Old Type is from around that decade. One of the differences (aside from stress cracks in the handle being common,) is the construction of the top piece, making the Old Type more aggressive than the New Type.

Yes, I remember now...you're right. The newer ones that were sold in the 30s had a longer comb that curved down for more comfort. I have one of the old ones that I have to clean up...it's a dark shade of green.

O0

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 05:47:11 PM »
Those are cool . O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Slynito

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
Here are a couple old Gillette razors. The top one is from the early 1940s and the bottom is from around WWl. The newer one gives a much more agreeable shave than the open comb.

photo hosting sites

photo storage

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »
Cool pictures  O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL