Author Topic: Penn State Penatlies  (Read 3182 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Penn State Penatlies
« on: July 23, 2012, 02:51:31 PM »
Well, the NCAA brought the wood (no pun intended) down on Penn State today....112 vacated wins from over the past 14 seasons, no bowls for four years, $60 million fine over the next five years, Paterno's legacy (irreversably?) damaged, among other things. I guess the NCAA sent a message today, but I think that they went Goodellish on them. In some ways it was over the top, others may say it wasn't enough....but no matter what was done regarding this, the victims in this case will suffer forever even long after Penn State's suffering is over. As for Sandusky and the others who shielded him....well you reap what you sow, and in the end you will get yours....I continue to pray for the victims, the families and the students who had nothing to do with this can find healing and the strength to move on.

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Penn State Penatlies
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »
I agree with U on that Harry.  I just get disgusted and furious when I hear about anyone who intentionally hurts or abuses children.  Sandusky and those involved in "shielding" or protecting this pedophile have ruined and damaged the lives of their victims and families.   My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

WARHAWK O0 
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »
I agree as well. But I think the school's administration should also be hit with some kind of punishment. I just don't see how it's possible that they were clueless about what was going on.
Hair is over rated.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »
I don't remember the STUDENTS on the Penn State football team being found guilty of any crimes.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:48:55 AM by Tom Gallagher »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:18:07 PM »
I don't remember the students on the Penn State football team being found guilty of any crimes.

But you HAVE to punish the program because of these transgressions. These student/atheletes will be allowed to have immediate transfers if they want them. The current students have not been penalized. They can still play football on scholarship or they can transfer. Football has NOT been taken away from them.

In life, there are often innocent folks that pay the consequences for someone else's selfish actions (I don't mean the victims). For example, if a Family man goes to jail for breaking the law, his wife and kids suffer. Unfortunate no doubt but the guilty must be punished. AND... this is exactly why people need to DO THE RIGHT THINGS!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22:14 PM »
  I was for the death penalty for Penn State..............the crimes that were allowed to happen because of Paterno and many other protecting their ''program'' is indefensible to me.  The victims may NEVER recover and probably won't and yet there are still those that put Paterno, Sandusky, and the program on a higher level. The crimes that occurred are about as bad as can be. Sandusky  is a monster and Paterno was one of his enablers. Since ''Joe Pa'' ran penn state like a dictator and allowed the weakest people in society to be horribly abused I say TO HELL WITH HIM. The entire program failed those kids...........and all to protect the ''happy valley'' image of Penn State football. To see people get upset that a STATUE is taken down boggles my mind. I surely hope the program disappears forever but I know it won't.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 04:38:49 PM »
I personally at first was so angry that I posted on Facebook that Sandusky and Friends needed to rot in hell for their actions or inactions....A couple of friends say that I need to learn forgiveness and not wish ill will on people....I can easily forgive a person, especially if they admit their wrong(s) but ultimately, it's up to the victims here to forgive....It's all good to say, "Don't be that way, you got to forgive, etc." but these people still need to be held accountable, and I want to ask these people: Would you have the same perception if YOUR son/nephew/brother was one of Sandusky's victims and people stood by and did nothing?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 06:34:02 AM »
I personally at first was so angry that I posted on Facebook that Sandusky and Friends needed to rot in hell for their actions or inactions....A couple of friends say that I need to learn forgiveness and not wish ill will on people....I can easily forgive a person, especially if they admit their wrong(s) but ultimately, it's up to the victims here to forgive....It's all good to say, "Don't be that way, you got to forgive, etc." but these people still need to be held accountable, and I want to ask these people: Would you have the same perception if YOUR son/nephew/brother was one of Sandusky's victims and people stood by and did nothing?

Anytime someone perpetrates a crime on a child or a woman I believe that they need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law... and then some. Some crimes are unforgiveable..... Sandusky's crimes (and others formerly of Penn State) fall into this category.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 09:32:27 AM »
I think the PSU football team players stood up for themselves very well at their press confeence yesterday.

Enter your email address: