Author Topic: Moisturizer / Products for your head  (Read 22140 times)

Offline JasonR

• Sly
Moisturizer / Products for your head
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »
I noticed that sometimes my scalp can get flakey, and was wondering what moisturizer I should use on my head. Also, is there anything that makes your head less shiney?

Currently I just shave my head and maybe apply some after shave. Any help would be much appreciated!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Moisturizer / Products for your head
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
As far as the flakiness, I usually wash with Noxzema or Nivea skin cream...lubricates your pores to keep from drying. To make your head less shiny, there is a cream called Matte for Men that may diminish your shine...maybe some of the other guys can chime in here....Good Luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
Jason.... I like Nivea Extreme After Shave Balm. Great stuff, great price, easy to find.

I also like the Nivea Cool Kick Arctic Freeze. Smells great and again.... great stuff at a great price.

Don't dull that shine Dude... wear it with pride!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 06:09:04 AM »
Jayson

I found that using cream on the dome tends to make it a bit matt and less shiny.  A good splash of aftershave however gives me the shiny dome I desire.  So I just use aftershave now.  Therefore you may want to drop the aftershave for some cream rather, or use aftershave and then apply a fragrance free cream / moisturizer.

It’s all pretty much trial and error in finding what works best for you, but it is also easy to get carried away and fill your bathroom cabinet with too much…
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 06:18:46 AM »
Nivea Sensitive Skin After Shave Balm works well.  It doesn't contain alcohol and absorbs quickly.  It's also pretty reasonable priced.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »
I recommend a very small amount of pure coconut oil. For one thing, it contains no synthetic chemicals, like too many skin products do these days. It is incredibly good for the skin overall, and helps with lots of conditions.

It doesn't make my head any more shiny than it is (which it isn't at all - lol). Big emphasis on "very small amount" though, because too much will make you feel oily/greasy. After your skin absorbs it, it feels awesome to the touch.
However, I would not recommend using it if you plan on going out on a really hot/muggy day right after applying it. It just feels kinda gross if you sweat or perspire before it's absorbed.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Lee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 03:31:31 PM »
Natedawg has the right idea.  Coconut, almond, or simple olive oil works wonders, but in small amounts or it tends to be pretty slick.  I use the oils at night and I recently started using Jergens Natural Glow Face during the day after reading some positive reviews here at SBG.

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
Thanks for the help. I can get pure cocoa butter from my work...will that work similar to the coconut oil?

I actually just noticed I can get coconut oil from my work too. I guess I should give that a shot.

I also have Jergen's natural glow that I have used occasionally.