Author Topic: How To Shave Head Smoothly And Shave All Of It Good?  (Read 2784 times)

Offline ShavedGuy

• Learning the way of Sly
How To Shave Head Smoothly And Shave All Of It Good?
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:04:11 AM »
I shaved head before and wanted to shave it totally smooth bald again. I wanted to know how to shave it smooth on entire head? Because I shaved it first time since few years ago and back is smooth but top is kind of stubbly feel if you rub it and it used to do it last time i shaved head. Incase I am doing it wrong I shave it in shower and use turbo mach 3. Second problem is I get small areas of hair I miss mostly in back and need advice how to see it good or tips how to shave good. Luckily for first time in awhile i nicked myself in only one small area since i kept going back and forth trying to make it smoother. Also is Mach 3 good still or is there another close shave razor that works better?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:05:44 AM by ShavedGuy »

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: How To Shave Head Smoothly And Shave All Of It Good?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 01:35:45 AM »
You will get better at shaving the more you do it - like most things. You will learn the various directions the hair grows, which areas need a little extra attention or more gentle care. Just go slow and gentle until you become familiar with your scalp. A little extra time in the first couple of weeks will pay bid dividends in the years ahead.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 04:20:44 AM »
Hello shaved guy.

Personally I don't recommend learning to shave one’s nut in a shower.  It is better to master your technique at the sink where you can take your time and pay special attention to what you are doing in the mirror.  Once you have mastered that, then you can graduate to the shower.

Another tip is to shave with your strong hand and to feel the scalp with the fingertips after each stroke with your weaker hand.  That way you will avoid missing the bits you referred to.  Some Sly folk can get a little OCD about the little unshaven bits, but don’t worry too much; others cannot really see this on your head.

I have no motivation to advocate the Headblade other than the fact that it a super useful, nifty little gadget and one that every Sly guy should try.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 05:13:42 AM »
Welcome, Shaved Guy! I think you need to practice at the sink first before shaving in the shower....The best way to shave is to shave when you can dedicate a good 20-30 minutes....shaving by feel is the best way because only you will know when you have the result you desire. In due time, it will become second nature. Good Luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 05:23:53 AM »
Agree with SirHarry ... at least when you are starting out. After awhile, you won't need the 20-30 minutes, but this is a good time estimate for new or returning after an absence.  Just take your time.  Go with the grain first, relather and go against the grain, feeling with the other hand to spot rough places.  Note that the grain changes over your head, especially in cowlick areas.

Enter your email address: