Author Topic: Any other bump patrol users?  (Read 28789 times)

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
Re: Any other bump patrol users?
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »
SirHarry12 and BBCMark thanks for the help!
I just went in and spied the Back of the Melon, is it possible that it is looking better already!?!
I swear it does.
I'll keep using it, but I hope I don't need it long.
 $11 for 2oz is way worse than a gallon of gas. :o
I ain't beechin though, thanks again.
Keith
p.s. thanks for starting the thread FrankR, didn't wanna leave ya out!! O0

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »
SirHarry12 and BBCMark thanks for the help!
I just went in and spied the Back of the Melon, is it possible that it is looking better already!?!
I swear it does.
I'll keep using it, but I hope I don't need it long.
 $11 for 2oz is way worse than a gallon of gas. :o
I ain't beechin though, thanks again.
Keith
p.s. thanks for starting the thread FrankR, didn't wanna leave ya out!! O0

Glad it's working for you.   :)

Offline quietstorm

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Die Hard Saints Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2012, 01:03:23 PM »
Will have to check that out... I have been using the bump patrol shave gel which i like a lot.... Works better for me than the other shave gels....

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Any other bump patrol users?
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:19 AM »
Just ordered 2 lots of these, feels a lot more moisturised when slapped on, which can only be a good thing.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 06:06:32 PM »
check out some of their videos you may learn something

Slynito

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »
I've seen and heard about Bump Patrol, but never tried it. After reading your testimonials I think It sure worth a try...thanx y'all.  O0

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2012, 03:09:26 PM »
Just ordered 2 lots of these, feels a lot more moisturised when slapped on, which can only be a good thing.
I've been using the Extra Strength Bump Patrol for quite some time.  Here's my review on Amazon:

I have been plagued with ingrown hairs at the nape of my neck for years. Like clockwork, the painful, ugly bumps would show up within two days of shaving my neck. Additionally, my occupation requires I use a stethoscope so I frequently sling it around my neck and this only intensifies the ingrown hair problem.

I am Caucasian, and while Bump Patrol seems to be marketed to men of African descent, it is only because black men typically have a higher incidence of ingrown hairs (pseudofolliculitis barbae). This is because of the fine, curly nature of black men's hair. It more readily curls back into the skin and forms a painful bump. That said, anyone can get an ingrown hair and those with curly hair (white or black)are more likely to be plagued with them.

Recently, I have decided to shave my head. As a result, I developed multiple ingrown hairs, not only on my neck, but all along the back of my head. It was a huge disappointment, and I expected I would not be able to continue with having my head shaved due to the unsightly and painful bumps.

A friend of mine, who was the inspiration to shave my head in the first place, recommended I pick up Bump Patrol found at the local Walmart. His head is perfectly smooth and irritation-free, so I readily heeded his advice. I used it like any other aftershave and noticed improvement within three days (I shave my head daily). However, I was still getting a few new ingrown hairs, so the Bump Patrol was not completely eliminating the problem. In my research, I discovered on Bump Patrol's website that they offer "Original Strength", "Maximum Strength", "Sensitive", and "Extra Strength". Walmart only had "Original Strength", which in of itself is a good product, but it wasn't perfect for my problem.

I discovered "Extra Strength" contains aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), while "Maximum Strength" contains aspirin and witch hazel. I could only find "Maximum Strength" online, so I bought a couple bottles from Amazon.

This Maximum Strength formulation cured my problem after the first application. After a full week of daily use, there have been no ill effects. I am in awe of this product's effectiveness.

A few hints for first-time users:

There is no need to apply large amounts. If you do, your skin will feel sticky. The consistency of the product out of the bottle is like that of gasoline. If you apply it the way the manufacturer recommends, you cannot go wrong. They discourage applying with cotton balls and the like, because you will only waste the product as the cotton will absorb most of it. Just dribble a dab in the palm of your hand and slap it on your skin quickly distributing throughout the desired area. A dime-sized puddle is plenty for my entire meaty head. If you only have a limited area that is problematic for you, you can just spot-treat if desired. My friend just dabs it on his finger and traces it along his hairline.

As far as the product stinging, that has not been my experience unless I have nicks and, of course, razor burn. Otherwise, when you apply this to skin that has been nontraumatically shaven, the only sensation you will have is a soothing coolness.

As per the included FAQ, you can apply your favorite moisturizer approximately 2 minutes after applying the Bump Patrol Maximum Strength without negating the effectiveness of the product.

As should be the case for any similar product, before trying Bump Patrol, make sure you are not contributing to your ingrown hair and razor burn problem with poor grooming habits:

Always use a sharp razor.

Always use a clean razor. Dip the blade in, or spritz the blade with 91% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol to assist with this.

Prepare your skin and hair prior to shaving: The hair and skin needs to be wet and even soaked for at least 2 minutes before shaving. This softens the hair and makes it easier to cut.

Use plenty of lubricant (shaving oil, gel, cream, etc.) and allow whatever medium you use to soak on your head for a few minutes before shaving.

Shaving in the shower is a good idea.

Use hot water to prepare your skin. Use cold water to rinse when you are done shaving. Heat opens pores, cold closes them.

Make as few passes with your razor as possible.

For really stubborn areas, as far as bumps go, try to compromise with a less close shave by shaving with the grain as opposed to against the grain.

Multiple blade razors work by gripping the hair, pulling it out of the skin and slicing it such that when the hair retracts, it is beneath the surface of the skin. This will give you a very close shave, but it will likely increase your chances of ingrown hairs.

Finally, if you have done all the aforementioned things and still have problems with ingrown hairs and razor burn, try simpler products first, such as witch hazel, a natural astringent.

I did all of these things, and still had bumps for years. Bump Patrol Maximum Strength eliminated them. There is no better testament to the effectiveness of any product than that.

http://www.amazon.com/BUMP-PATROL-AFTER-SHAVE-Size/dp/B003BOTB0C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348347689&sr=8-2&keywords=bump+patrol+extra+strength

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
I don't really no what to make of it myself. First off I must be applying too much as my head feels horrible and greasy when I apply it. As for eliminating the bumps, it's not really done that. For me nothing works as good as HeadBlades ClearHead. For me personally I won't be buying anymore bump patrol maximum strength.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »
Nice review 120ina55!
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2012, 08:10:09 PM »
I don't really no what to make of it myself. First off I must be applying too much as my head feels horrible and greasy when I apply it. As for eliminating the bumps, it's not really done that. For me nothing works as good as HeadBlades ClearHead. For me personally I won't be buying anymore bump patrol maximum strength.
no bp user but try following what the video says

Offline BowHunter

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »
Guys have have not been on the sight in forever. I have been having issue with bumps. So I decided to check the sight out and see what others are doing to help this issue. Man am I glad I did. I went to Walmart found bump patrol have used it twice and bumps are gone. Thanks for info. Now I can feel better about shaving was become painful and was not enjoying the look with the bumps. Thanks again for posting this Frank.  O0

Enter your email address: