Author Topic: WHEN was the first time U tried a safety razor?  (Read 5049 times)

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
Re: WHEN was the first time U tried a safety razor?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 07:14:43 AM »
Sir Harry, do US marines generally use DE's while performing detached duties in other countries?  I would think so as the blades are Universal, and you can pack a lot of blades in a small space.  I cannot imagine being in a place like Iraq and not being able to get hold of blades to shave every day. I would also be dubious of any "Army" issued blades.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: WHEN was the first time U tried a safety razor?
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 07:37:39 AM »
Waine....In Iraq, all bases have a PX (Postal Exchange) where military members can purchase at the very least the "necessities" including disposable and non-disposable razors. I don't remember seeing any DE razors there, however I didn't know what a DE razor was until I joined this forum. As far as the Iraqi barbers go, they switched razors between customers, I saw a box with 100 razors on the barber's stand one time. He used the razors not only to shave heads, but also for the high and tights (most Caucasian men got those, African American men preferred the fade haircut). I always kept a pack of disposable razors for the times I couldn't get to the barber or use my straight razor due to time constraints.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.