Author Topic: Blade replacement  (Read 1019 times)

Offline mrmagoo

• Sly Jr.
  • A masochist at work!
    • Polyhedron Games LLC
Blade replacement
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
I received one blade with my HeadBlade. When will I need to replace it and what with? I've used it twice and getting BB close w/ it is tough. I don't know what the blade is, but maybe I should replace it w/ another?

Cleanliness is next to godliness

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Blade replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:45:43 PM »
HeadBlade makes replacement cartridges... both doubles and triples. If you get the other adapter (I think it's black) you can use Senor blades and some others.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mrmagoo

• Sly Jr.
  • A masochist at work!
    • Polyhedron Games LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »
That really doesn't answer my question. I'm just learning how to shave all over again (like I'm relearning everything else in my life). I have a double blade now. How long will it last? And if I want to get BB close, should I try a triple blade? Another brand?

???
Cleanliness is next to godliness

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
Number of uses will vary with each person. I replace mine every Monday morning to start the new week. I've always used triple blades and am satisfied with them. Haven't tried any of the others.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Stevie Hood

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »
The triples are really good ones. I never tried the doubles but read in another forum that they should be not so good. There are some people that got a bloody head using them.

If you have the black adapter the triple Sensor blades (or some substitutes from other suppliers) fit too and they are doing a good job.

I'm right now using an original triple, it has about 6 shaves now and still working fine. I think it will make 2 to 3 more turns.

But this depends on your hair... ;)

If your blade doesn't work after two shaves...maybe it's clogged? The stubbles tend to stick between the blades and then it seems to be dull. For a basic cleaning I sometimes use a water pick, this works fine for me. And meanwhile shaving often wash it out under a hard jet of water, works best in the shower.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:46:30 PM »
Well excuse me..... one week on an HB cartridge for me. Your mileage may vary.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields