Author Topic: Wife won't touch my bald head  (Read 7646 times)

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
Wife won't touch my bald head
« on: June 17, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »
I have been sly for 47 days now. I am so happy with myself when I look in the mirror, so chuffed at the new attitude and lifestyle that I will probably never go back to hair again. The comradeship and support on this site is also super, so I thought I might pop a quick question.

My friends, work colleagues and family have no qualms about my bare dome. My wife is very happy with my Slyness, she likes the look, but here is the thing; she refuses to touch my head! In the beginning I thought it was just a "getting used to it" phase, but over a month later she still won't even feel or even tippy touch my newly shaven, baby's bum head.

I had to catch myself at first, wondering why I felt a little rejected. I mean she will feel any part of my body as my beautiful wife for 20 years, but now she won't even touch my chrome dome, not even for even one second. I just cannot understand the rejection. Its like saying, "I will gladly touch your dirty Ant eater, but I won't rub your German helmet."  Not even if I try to bribe her with some thing nice.

Anyway, I am not mortified by this strange womanly phenomena. I have handled  all the ups and downs with my going Sly, including the development of new, but modest confidence, but this is the most difficult challenge. I have asked her so many times to feel it but she won't. So I have given up asking.

Any advice or any personal experience in this area will be appreciated. Bring on the jokes too, I can handle it... 

"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Wife won't touch my bald head
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 06:02:10 AM »
Waine, I have to reply here.

1. Congratulations on 20 years of marriage. My wife and I will celebrate 29 next month.

2. She's been with you that long, not touching a bald head won't kill the relationship.

3. I've been shaving my head since January. My wife would not touch it at first. Did not like the sandpaper feel in the evenings and thought the mornings after the shave were 'clammy' (I guess due to the gel or moisturizer I used).

4. Yesterday, she gave me about a 30 minute head rub. On and on. 

So just hang in there. A head rub from your wife is not everything.  Give it time.

I don't get requests for head rubs from many people.  A few bald guys will do it in lieu of a handshake. 

----------------------------

for years I told my daughters to not tickle me on top of my head, saying it was super ticklish. If they tried, I reacted as though it was ticklish.  This way, they did not tickle the really ticklish spots!  It worked.

Today I let them touch my head.  They can't believe that I'm not ticklish on top.  But the no longer tickle me anywhere. It do get occasional brief head rubs from them.  Seems like now, they like to tickle the non-ticklish spot.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:15:29 PM »
Cool Mr Zed, thanks for the wonderful reply.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:55:22 AM »
Am I the only baldie who has this problem?  Update : I "am over" it now.  If she won't touch it, it is her loss.  I will let you know if she ever does.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 06:44:31 AM »
Good for you - not that I would have expected anything less. I think she'll come around eventually ... probably when you least expect it! That may be the real story to tell ...
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »
A sly friend of mine says that he puts whipped cream and/or chocolate on his dome and his GF enjoys licking it!....No on a serious note, I'd just let it be...she'll come around when you least expect it....Maybe if she sees another female relative rubbing your head, she may get jealous and give it a try, no?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BaldLuke

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 07:09:12 AM »
I have a friend who at one time said she was afraid or scared of touching shaved bald or buzzed hair. She was also a hairdresser. I think she was so used to how her long blonde hair felt that that is what she thought everyone's hair must feel like. I'd always tease her with my short flat tops and shaved sides and shed never touch it. Fast forward years later and now she says she loves the feel on guys and has even had a couple buzzed boyfriends herself. I think shaving hair is foreign to a lot of women and some take longer to understand and accept why we men Love to do it.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:15 AM »
Dude, maybe your neighbor's wife will give you a head rub!  O0

j/k....as long as your wife supports it, be happy with that.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »
Hey there guys, thanks for the advice and input.  True, BaldLuke, I should be happy that she likes my Sly, even tough she refuses to even touch my freshly shaved head. 

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 03:22:48 PM »
I'm really surprised that my wife really doesn't bother with my bald head either. She says she likes it but that's about it.  :-\

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
Dude, maybe your neighbor's wife will give you a head rub!  O0

:*))

Sorry to hear about this, waine and xabydaddy. Perhaps it's just a sensory thing for them. Good thing you're not taking it personally, waine, because I'm sure that isn't the case. Just give it more time.
My wife doesn't rub my head that much currently, but I've been sly for just about 5 years now, so maybe she touched it a lot in the beginning, and I don't remember... She's probably just used to it at this point.  These days, her sisters rub my head more than she does, much to the chagrin of their respective beaus.  >:D
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »
I had the same problem with my bf until I grabbed his hand and made him touch my head. Now he gives me a scalp massage every time I see him!
Hair is over rated.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
hey. sorry for the late reply.
first off, I think you have a problem. can not tell what precisely.
second off, if she likes it,  that doesn't mean she has to touch it. let her be, and you go on on your bald life.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »
Hey there Paul the Bald.  Yes I do have a problem, "A non bald touching head wife."  Its not a major issue, just something I wanted to bounce off the forum.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »
then I am sorry to tell that you are not happy with yourself. or with your wife..
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter