Author Topic: Just went sly! Now I just need some color on my scalp ...  (Read 2350 times)

Offline SyZ

• Sly Guy in Training
Just went sly! Now I just need some color on my scalp ...
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:29:56 PM »
Hello all, I have a post over in the 'to be or not to be' section, but if you haven't read it, here's the best picture I have after I went sly on Friday (today's Sunday):

http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums/w369/SyZstats/?action=view&current=shaved3.jpg

In that picture the light makes it look 'better' than it is, my scalp is actually very pale which I'm sure is expected at first. However, I burn very easily and I know I need to get out in the sun in the morning and evening to get some coloring. Problem is, I've had bad experiences with sunscreens in the past. I never break out, but the day after using a sunscreen I had bumps all over my face which I'm sure was a reaction. I've tried aloe vera and it wasn't much better. Is there anything I can use that will help me get a tan? I want to go up to the mall and show it off but it doesn't look that great right now

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: Just went sly! Now I just need some color on my scalp ...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
I think you probably look fine ... but being human, you're especially critical of your new self. I was, and I had the same concern about being so pale when I shaved.

The only comments I can make are that no one cared - whether they were people I've known for years or total strangers. Just didn't matter.

I made it a point to spend 10 to 15 minutes outdoors in mid-morning and late afternoon each day (essentially those were my coffee breaks) and gradually the color is developing.

Not to worry ... I know you look A-OK right now, and with time the color will even out a bit.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline antoniom

• Sly
Re: Just went sly! Now I just need some color on my scalp ...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »
you need to clean your head and make sure you don't break out also to reduce shaving irritation if you get any just lube your dome and hit the sun for a tan to see what happens