Author Topic: Am I too anal about missed spots ?  (Read 6446 times)

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
Re: Re: Am I too anal about missed spots ?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 03:05:27 PM »
PS -- in the last month, noticed the top of my my head getting extra smooth now. And I don't think it's due improved shaving techniques. Uh - oh.

count me in on that... it seems we got the aerodynamic genes. I have guitar student who is only 10 and he looks like he won't have any hair in the next few years, poor kid. At least he will have fully embraced it by the time he's my age!

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
Re: Am I too anal about missed spots ?
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
Count me in. I am OCD about any spots I may miss. So its "Feel n Shave" all the way for me.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »
I guess I'm really anal because if my wife and I are going out at night, I'll shave a second time just to be sure my head is smooth and clean! So as for missed spots, it doesn't matter that no one else notices them on my head, I would know they are there and it would bother me.  Having missed spots on my head would be like going out with small stains on my clothes!

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
I guess I'm really anal because if my wife and I are going out at night, I'll shave a second time just to be sure my head is smooth and clean! So as for missed spots, it doesn't matter that no one else notices them on my head, I would know they are there and it would bother me.  Having missed spots on my head would be like going out with small stains on my clothes!

I definitely understand. I rub my head all day where the usual patches are and get frustrated every time. I cannot let it go!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 06:31:27 PM »
Xabydaddy -
I do the same thing. There have been times when I'll reach for my razor an hour or more after shaving because I'll feel a spot that I missed.
Hair is over rated.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »
I suppose if you are going to do something, do it properly. Feeling with your free hand while you shave is as important as getting the strokes right.  It's all in the technique.  Technique and practice!  I cannot imagine using a second blade just to iron out missed spots.  I will rather feel, shave and feel again with the razor I started out with.  It seems a bit of a waste somehow, but hey, we are all unique with our technique.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »
I'm trying to shave every other day but kinda going into withdrawal today because it's a litte more fuzzy than usual today. I'm wearing a cap to kinda keep me from rubbing my head and breaking down and shaving today!