Author Topic: bald women 2  (Read 11224 times)

theman

Re: bald women 2
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »
Welcome GG, enjoy the world of Sly !   ;)  You looking good !  Thanks palmer (bro) proud to call you that.   ;) O0

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 07:41:32 PM »
Is there a beginner's HOW TO in the forums somewhere here?  :)  I bought Mach 3's and I'm going to use them but I'd love a HOW TO guide or something.  Feeling a bit intimidated. 

Also, suggestions for how often to shave as a newbie?  How long does it take the scalp to "get used to it" and so forth?  Will shaving every 2 days be too often or not often enough?

GutsyGirl
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 08:19:35 PM »
I like shaving daily, but there are plenty of folks here who feel every other day is a better frequency. If you have issues with razor burn or pimples and such, then every other day is probably better.

Initially, the key is just to take it slowly because it involves new motor skills and a new terrain. I felt my scalp was significantly conditioned after about two weeks, and seems really hardened after a couple of months.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: bald women 2
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »
Yay!  I did it.   Took it real slow with the Mach 3 but no nicks.  Took forever, but I'm happy.  I first went with the grain, then against and my head is smoooooooth.  Feels nice. 

I think shaving head hair is very different from shaving my legs - it's much tougher or something, and probably the gents are used to shaving facial hair so it's not as big a change for them.  I felt like there was quite a learning curve for me but now I feel much more confident I can do this in the future. 

:D

I'll try to remember to post a new photo soon.
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »
It is certainly a learning curve for us too. That's part of the reason we recommend the 30 day trial, so that you can get used to shaving your head.

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 06:47:14 AM »
Yay!  I did it.   Took it real slow with the Mach 3 but no nicks.  Took forever, but I'm happy.  I first went with the grain, then against and my head is smoooooooth.  Feels nice. 

I think shaving head hair is very different from shaving my legs - it's much tougher or something, and probably the gents are used to shaving facial hair so it's not as big a change for them.  I felt like there was quite a learning curve for me but now I feel much more confident I can do this in the future. 

:D

I'll try to remember to post a new photo soon.

I'm glad you got through your first wet shave without cuts or nicks. Excellent! You'll get faster and more confident with time.

Would love to see a new pic.  8)
Just say no to rugs!

theman

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »
 ;) Good job GG,

I truly do believe to take my time when shaving the old scull cap.  I have alot more time than money lol.  Enjoy your presence around this fine site.   ;) 8)