Author Topic: Laser eye surgery  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Re: Laser eye surgery
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »
I think sly guys look really good with glasses  , I wear   bifocal contact lenses   which sort me out for reading and driving  but hav  considered   gold rimmed glasses  as a  backup, laser  not an option

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »
The claims on this website may or may not be exaggerations but they are certainly enough to make me think twice about this procedure.  Take a look and decide for yourself:

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/TopTenReasons.htm

Offline zeroallover

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »
Just thought I'd give you all an update. Had the surgery on Wednesday afternoon. Was in and out in 2 hours and the procedure itself is Very quick. Had a check up yesterday morning and my vision is already 20/20!! I can see better than i could with my glasses on. My eyes are a little dry and irritated and apparently will be for a few weeks. So far I couldn't be happier with the results!!!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 05:34:47 AM »
Awesome news. Congradulatioons and continued good luck with your vision.

O0 O0 O0

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 07:39:19 AM »
Great news and Congrats Razor! Her's to 20/20 vision  O0

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Sc00teR

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 07:15:44 AM »
I had lasik done many years ago, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I remember the night of the surgery, lying awake (because they make you take a nap right after the surgery so your eyes heal a bit). I was wearing these goggles (so you don't rub your eyes for the first day or so). I looked across the room and noticed the alarm clock read 3:00 AM. I put my head back on the pillow, stared at the ceiling, and felt frustrated that I couldn't sleep.

Then it hit me. I COULD READ THE ALARM CLOCK ACROSS THE ROOM! I woke up my wife and was bouncing off the walls. I ran to the window and started looking at the stars -- first time I'd seen them clearly in decades. Everything was so clear and crisp. It was absolutely AMAZING!

The next day, we discovered that I now have better than 20/20 vision. Whoohoooo! And things have remained crisp and sharp for many years.

True, when I hit about agd 45, I started needing reading glasses. But that's true of everyone whether or not they have lasik, because it's a different part of the eye involved. If I had remained near-sighted, my vision would have balanced out the need for reading glasses for another few years, but I'd need 'em eventually.

Would I do it all over again? YOU BET! In fact, I would have done it at an earlier age -- as soon as the doctors say my eyes had pretty much settled in their development. (Early 30s? I can't remember what they told me.)

I still get a kick out of buying regular old cheapie sunglasses off the rack.