Author Topic: Darn! 5 o'clock shadow!  (Read 22756 times)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: Darn! 5 o'clock shadow!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 09:39:15 AM »
Those poor guys who are all stressed out about loosing their hair... I wish I could give them mine!  If they ever come up with a permanent hair remover that doesn't cost a ton of loot I'm going for it!   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 02:58:36 PM »
Sgt Pate I agree! If you find somebody let me know also on the hair removal!!

Plus I have noticed my cap has a tendancy to not come off very easy with
a stubble field!!! :P

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 02:14:52 PM »
Im right htere wiht ya shdwwlk.... i kinda like it.  Its the first thing I usually do each day.  I either jump in hte shower and I always do all my shaving and trimming then wash off and then get out and have that nice slick head ...OH YEAH! LOL

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 04:37:31 PM »
Yeah, I had to recant on another thread... shaving does affirm my choice to be bald!   ^-^ 

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

BALDANDRE

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 09:23:23 AM »
Actually don't hate the daily shave, but dont' love it that is for sure...

would love to be bald 24/7 with no shadow and no effort on my part...shaving is a necessary evil to get to desired affect...slick, smooth and SLY....

those that disagree...

we'll have this discussion again after your 12 year anniversary of shaving your heads ;)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 10:03:19 AM »
Wow B.A. twelve year anniversary...awesome...I don't necessarily like the shave either, but I can't stand to leave the house without being slick and sly.    I have found that there is one advantage to going grey early though, the shadow disappears. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BALDANDRE

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 10:35:54 AM »
The inevitable razer burn is my con on shaving

Really my big "con" is and especially on weekends...getting the shave in before i go show the world my bald head...that 7 minutes seems like a HUGE block of time to find when I'm running out to start the day on the weekends...

I know it's lame, but i would love to just "up and leave" with a perfect bald head everyday O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 03:43:17 PM »
What I hate about the stubble is when I get home from work and i go to rip my shirt off...hell my head gets caught in the tshirt....its like Damn...liek a damn sticker bush.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 09:12:37 PM »
The inevitable razer burn is my con on shaving

Really my big "con" is and especially on weekends...getting the shave in before i go show the world my bald head...that 7 minutes seems like a HUGE block of time to find when I'm running out to start the day on the weekends...

I know it's lame, but i would love to just "up and leave" with a perfect bald head everyday O0

I feel the same way.  There are some days, especially on weekends, where I just don't feel like shaving.   It just seems like a chore I just don't want to do at times.  But it's becoming more and more rare for me to skip a shave as time goes by, because I just MUST be smooth.  I didn't work today and did not shave until about 5 pm before I went out for the evening.  I have light-colored hair that doesn't show much shadow.  I could have gotten away without shaving; no one would have noticed.  But I would have noticed.   I looked in the mirror after I was dressed and ready to go out.  Even though I'd looked bald before the shave, the difference afterwards was pretty dramatic -- to me, at least.  You couldn't see the stubble beforehands, but that "glow" just wasn't there until everything was shaved smooth.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 09:32:02 PM »
Man, Razor, I know what you mean.  In the past 3 months I have only skipped shaving 3 days and it felt like I was forcing myself to not do it.  Like you said, probably only I would notice, because like you, my hair is very light and thin.  Even though it is a chore to do, I would rather do the chore than live with the stubble.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 09:44:49 PM »
amen 2 everything u said 'bout th 5'oclock shadow.  when i 1st started being sly last april, i got the dome shaved every 2 days.  now.... i'm getting it shaved everyday.  i'm like u guys.... i gotta be smoooooth.  i hate the velcro feel!!!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 10:58:04 PM »
im right there with ya all.  I usually shave in teh morning and then when i get home if we are going out somewhere liek for dinner...otu comes the blade again..  It is jsut it has to be smooth.  I went out tonight for dinner and my wife was gettin a little jealous i think because all these women would even walk up to her and say WOW i didnt recognize your husband since he started shaving his head.  then they would all come over to my table and start talking.  THere ended up being about 6 sly guys walk into the pizza joint and I was like YEAH  LOOK AT THAT..and yoru right...they all would look at each other with THE LOOK.  and I was right there with em.  Thing is I have seen these same guys in there before and they would never have said hey before....but now its like the way of the SLYS

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »
amen 2 everything u said 'bout th 5'oclock shadow.  when i 1st started being sly last april, i got the dome shaved every 2 days.  now.... i'm getting it shaved everyday.  i'm like u guys.... i gotta be smoooooth.  i hate the velcro feel!!!

WARHAWK O0

did you guys notice this:  " i'm getting it shaved everyday"  lucky bastich. i have to shave my own damn head. you are my hero warhawk O:O

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 08:51:11 AM »

WARHAWK O0

did you guys notice this:  " i'm getting it shaved everyday"  lucky bastich. i have to shave my own damn head. you are my hero warhawk O:O

Warhawk, You've gotta share your secret on how you get your wife to do this... ???
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2007, 12:35:57 PM »
Who knows ... might make you rich!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt