Author Topic: Strange bumps on my head  (Read 5236 times)

Offline RegularGuy

• Learning the way of Sly
Strange bumps on my head
« on: May 02, 2012, 10:05:39 AM »
Hi guys I have this weird thing going on with my head.. After I shave I'm ok for a day or two but after that I get these weird bumps all over my head.. They are not red (they are skin color) and they don't hurt/itch/irritate.. The only thing is that they look bad because my head looks all bumpy for no reason..
This is why I have to shave every other day while I'd love to slack off some days  ;) So what I'd like to know is what are they and how to get rid of 'em.. From what I've heard they are not razor bumps because those are red an hurt while mine don't..
Any help would be very appreciated :)

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Strange bumps on my head
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 10:10:41 AM »
see a dermatologist
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »
Hey,

I know what you mean, when I first started shaving I get a couple of these near my temples. I started shaving daily because I loved it and now there gone. I think mine wee like hairs coming through?

Do you exfoliate? This could help the hairs break through and sole the bumps.

But hey what do I know lol, if your seriously concerned you should see a professional!
Lynchy

Offline RegularGuy

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 03:59:56 PM »
Hey,

I know what you mean, when I first started shaving I get a couple of these near my temples. I started shaving daily because I loved it and now there gone. I think mine wee like hairs coming through?

But hey what do I know lol, if your seriously concerned you should see a professional!

Well I'm shaving every other day and everything is fine.. I do start getting some bumps at the end of my second day but it's not that terrible.. It becomes a problem when I don't shave for three or more days and it just annoys me  :XX
I don't exfoliate.. How do you recommend I do that?

see a dermatologist

I might.. Was hoping I could get some help here first  O0

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »
Hey,

Well I'm shaving every other day and everything is fine.. I do start getting some bumps at the end of my second day but it's not that terrible.. It becomes a problem when I don't shave for three or more days and it just annoys me  :XX
I don't exfoliate.. How do you recommend I do that?

see a dermatologist

I might.. Was hoping I could get some help here first  O0

I just use a generic exfoliater pad from the supermarket they are dirt cheap...something like  http://www.amazon.com/Loofah-Exfoliating-Pads-Hand-Strap/dp/B004BHOJLE . I'm currently using antibacterial soap on my head, as apparently it helps with shaving rash. Anyway wet head in shower, apply soap, scrub with pad, rinse... That's all i do.
Lynchy

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:32:58 PM »
Welcome on board. The bumps might be your new hair that is about to grow out of your scalp. I get that too, usually on the 2nd day after I shave my head.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:15:11 AM »
It may be razor bumps....What do you do after you shave? Do you wash your scalp? Use witch hazel? Are you a new shaver? If so, your scalp may need a little time to adjust. Before joining this forum, I used to have a problem with bumps on the nape of the neck and alongside the ears. But now, with the use of witch hazel, and washing my scalp even on the days I don't shave, the bumping has gone down significantly. Washing your scalp clears pores and prevents bumping, and if you use aftershave, make sure it's alcohol free....Good Luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline RegularGuy

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »
Sorry for the late response.. Was away from home..

Welcome on board. The bumps might be your new hair that is about to grow out of your scalp. I get that too, usually on the 2nd day after I shave my head.

Are they skin color aswell? Mine basically just change the "relief" (bad english, hope you know what I mean) of my head.

It may be razor bumps....What do you do after you shave? Do you wash your scalp? Use witch hazel? Are you a new shaver? If so, your scalp may need a little time to adjust. Before joining this forum, I used to have a problem with bumps on the nape of the neck and alongside the ears. But now, with the use of witch hazel, and washing my scalp even on the days I don't shave, the bumping has gone down significantly. Washing your scalp clears pores and prevents bumping, and if you use aftershave, make sure it's alcohol free....Good Luck!

After I shave I rinse with cold water and use the Nivea aftershave sensitive. I do however only wash my head before I shave it - every two days.. I might try out showering every day even if it's really quick..
What should I use for cleaning my head? Regular soap or do you recommend something else?

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »
Yes. It is the same color as my scalp.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 10:00:33 PM »
I suggest Nivea, Noxzema, or I've started using St. Ives Apricot scrub. I personally would not recommend regular plain soap as it may dry out your scalp and make it itch...or make your problem with bumps even worse...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.