Author Topic: "Why are you bald?"  (Read 37448 times)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Re: "Why are you bald?"
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 02:07:49 AM »
If Its a woman, just ask her why she has split ends :)

Made me larf but maybe twowrongs dont make a right . Of course by being rude itcud be cos they fancy you chat up line ?.?

Offline 1GoZoom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
I've had it asked a couple times.  First time I straight up said it doesn't grow anymore.  Seemed to make for an awkward silence.  Now I use a nice line.  I mention that I lost both my parents to lung cancer and I keep mine shaved to honor them and their battles.

I then show them the wallet versions of these pictures.  Quite the conversation starter, especially with the ladies.

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 04:59:20 AM »
I'd be inclined to think that a lady asking why you're bald is a chat up line... and also a bit of a test to see how you react!

A simple (as recommended above) "Because I like it," is a great answer! Then move the conversation on to something else... something that'll get her talking... "Hey, what do you think of..."

Show's you're not bothered by her question and perfectly comfortable in yourself! 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 05:48:18 AM »
Or, in the neighborhood where I grew up I simply say "The same reason you're wearing a weave (if it's a female)...I wasn't happy with my hair....and apparently you weren't happy with yours either!" If it's a guy asking this question, he needs to get/buy a life....
Now if it's a hot woman, who's showing interest, I would not use this line. This would only be for smart A$$ females trying to start something...On a side note, Zoom, sorry about the loss of your parents, but being bald is a nice way to honor their memory.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 06:09:07 AM »
Sir Harry! You inadvertently pointed out a glaring omission to my last post!

Zoom, I too am truly sorry for the loss of your parents.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 06:18:40 AM »
LOL, GOZoom, thats quite a good answer, I think.  If I am in a funny mood sometimes, I like giving a silly answer to the proverbial question, "So why did you shave bald?", just to see the reaction.  It's nice to mess with the heads of others --sometimes...
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »
I get that question a lot, too. I usually just say it's because I got tired of having hair. Besides, it's comfortable and I think I look better bald.
Hair is over rated.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 12:01:30 AM »
Well if you like the woman who asks "why are you bald?", why not say because it feels great down there, you will see. >:D

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »
Also there are plenty of us on here who are in our early 20's, I think it's a lot to do with how you present yourself, if you wear the head with complete confidence people don't really question it. except....

I'm a guitar teacher and a young student came in the other day, looked puzzled, then asked:

'Matt, did all your hair fall out?'
'Most of it, yes'
'Did you want it to fall out?'
'Not really'
'Do you want it to grow back?'
'No, not really, I'm more aerodynamic this way'
'just thought I'd ask, cause your head is really shiny'

best unintentional compliment ever.

Haha...awesome!

Offline Cool Breeze

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 09:24:15 AM »
'Well, i have 2 heads that women can play with.... ;) '

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »
I find that just vulgar.

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »
Actually I   have I told her it's cooler in this 110 weather we been having, some times I get annoyed like what's it to you? I'm bald cuz I am ok jeeze, I hate questions so.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
The other day, when picking up my son from the babysitter, her pre-teen daughter asked me: "So what happened to your hair?", in a snide way. I then asked her, "What happened to your face?", much to the amusement of her parents. I don't usually get comments about being bald, so I'm almost never prepared. For that occasion, I was.  :x!
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 04:19:27 PM »
I find that just vulgar.

+1 'pickup lines' (God forbid you actually use that one) are just demoralising to both parties.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:37 AM »

LOL, GOZoom, thats quite a good answer, I think.  If I am in a funny mood sometimes, I like giving a silly answer to the proverbial question, "So why did you shave bald?", just to see the reaction.  It's nice to mess with the heads of others --sometimes...

I am always quick to drop a silly answer like that, it tends to put most people on the back foot haha, especially if they are meaning it as an insult.

The other day, when picking up my son from the babysitter, her pre-teen daughter asked me: "So what happened to your hair?", in a snide way. I then asked her, "What happened to your face?", much to the amusement of her parents. I don't usually get comments about being bald, so I'm almost never prepared. For that occasion, I was.  :x!

That is one of those moments that a 'your face' joke just slots in nicely