Author Topic: Shaving with a Safety Razor  (Read 6647 times)

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
Re: Shaving with a Safety Razor
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »
LOL, Pet, perhaps in your eagerness you drove the car too roughly and caused a wreck without getting your driver’s licence first.  Like anything it takes practice, but I won’t try to convince you. Although I think it is actually a great little idea, certainly not a gimmick, in the true sense of the word. And it works brilliantly!  - Once you know how! !

I am all for shaving the head with a DE.  I was on leave last week and I did my dome with a DE for five days in a row.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, getting the most fantastic shave! But here’s the thing, “It takes a bit longer!”
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline PET

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Fat, Bald with a goatee
    • Starcraft 2 Romania
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »
I was also a newbie with the DE razor, yet now cuts.

Truth is that Headblade is something you don't need. Price point is the same. You can't use the headblade to shave your face or your balls. It limits you to the head only. Price for the blades is pretty expensive and you need to order/buy them in special places. For example my non-stop shop near my corner does not have headblades but it does have classic razors. Pretty good razors for less that 1$... 5 blades.

For me Headblade like Gillette is nothing more than a marketing thing. It seems cool but it's unessential and expensive. nano-technology™

Now back on topic.

Things I want to get:

- New better Shaving Brush. I have a 3$ brush now that works ok. But I'm curious a better brush what it can do
- Shaving Soap. I'm using a 2.5$ cream now that it's ok. But I'm curious what a soap can do. The cream lasts me 1.5 months.
- Salt Block. Not sure how to call this but I have been hearing this from some friends. They told me "their grandfather had a block of slat in ther pack". I found something like this on amazon. Basically if you get a cut or something, you apply this block of salt for magic!!
- A mix pack of razor blades. Right now I use Feather but I want to try more.
Starcraft 2 Romania - Live Tournaments, Game Commentaries and Analyssis
www.sc2ro.ro

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 08:56:33 PM »
Pet,
the salt block you're thinking of is probably an alum block.  Very popular with a lot of wet shavers.

I don't get a lot of cuts so don't use mine much.  Also, I find it a little harsh on my skin.

After my shave I rinse with warm water, then cold water, then pat dry.   Then I apply a good splash of witch hazel.  After that dries then maybe some moisturiser if I feel the need, or just aftershave.  Because the aftershaves contain alcohol, some people find them drying, but I just add a couple of drops of glycerine and have no problems.