Author Topic: To shave....or not to shave with stitches  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
To shave....or not to shave with stitches
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:16:03 AM »
What's up SBG's? In a previous thread, I had surgery in December on my cranium resulting in some stitches. As a result, I had to stop shaving for a month....Thursday, I had my final (hopefully) surgery on the nape of my neck where I got 24 stitches, as I was getting boils/cysts in that spot (I'm taking antibiotics). I have not shaved since March 30th, but since the stitches are not in the immediate shaving area of my hair, I was thinking of clipper shaving until the 23rd when the stitches come out. I asked the doctor, he said "I'm not telling you no, but use extreme caution when you do" I want to clipper shave today, but friends say I should wait it out until the 23rd....what do you guys think? Thanks for letting me share!

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: To shave....or not to shave with stitches
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:24 AM »
First off good luck I hope all goes well.  8)

I would either wait or have someone else do the shaving that can actually see the area that needs to be avoided. I'm guessing that the Dr is worried about infection.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 11:50:23 AM »
Sir Harry , heed your Gps advice , be patient , iusedto work in a neuro-surgical OR

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:20:10 PM »
I'd say wait until you can shave safely, no sense in rushing it and doing more harm than good.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:58:15 PM »
hey harry:  just my 2 cents... if it were me i would definitely shave it.   i would let my beautiful wifey shave my dome if i were in that situation.  matter of fact... she used 2 shave my dome during my 1st year of slyness but after a year i wanted 2 try it myself on a 100% basis.  keep us posted.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »
Thanks for the responses! Ironically, tomorrow, April 10th, is going to be my fourth anniversary of going permanently sly...This may be one time to summon my childhood barber for a clipper shave. I'm going to leave the razor alone until the 23rd just to be safe.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.