Author Topic: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!  (Read 493337 times)

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
Re: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 02:39:54 PM »
not really bud.....if you want something that close you should get the Wahl Balding Clipper....it may be corded but it's worth it! or razor shave it!
-Derris The Barber

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 03:02:50 PM »
Derris you are a real gent. I am minded to buy a Wahl Balding Clipper tomorrow. £40

I fly away on hols next week and could do with a nice close number. 

Couple of questions:

1. Is the cord restrictive for self shaving?

2. Any tips on setting up the Wahl Balding Clipper so I don't, cut myself up?

Thanks for all your help

enny
Growing Old Disgracefully - But Bald!

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »
Tell you what.....I'm gonna send you a PM to get you setup bud! Glad to help!
-Derris The Barber

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 04:04:37 AM »
Hi Derris,

A big thank you for helping me align my Wahl Balding clipper blades yesterday via Skype. We got there in the end, I didn't know they spoke English in America, I was finding it hard to understand, but we got there in the end   :P

I clipped my hair this morning and the power of the Wahl compared to my Philips is amazing. The Philips is good, but the Wahl so much better. It cuts without leaving any patches, more even, much lower and so much quicker. I doubt you'd get such power out of a cordless clipper. The cord didn't really impede my technique and I can only get better.  O0

I also have a cordless Wahl Lithium Ion trimmer for shaping up. I think I'll keep the Philips as my backup device, as opposed to selling it.

I'll go back to cutting two a week, especially with the balding clipper making the process much quicker. They are also coming on holiday with me.... They deserve it   :@`
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:08:24 AM by EN4CER »

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 05:05:56 AM »
You're welcome buddy! What are friends for? Just let me know when you wanna razor shave it and. I'll skype with you! Hope the video of using the clippers came out good! O0
-Derris The Barber

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
I didn't have time to Video... Plus that's not really my thang  :*))

Love the shave tho :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:24:46 PM by EN4CER »

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 09:52:15 AM »
It's cool bud I can respect that! Glad I helped you!
-Derris The Barber

• Sly
Check Out the Reviews!
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2013, 08:52:52 PM »
Everyone Make Sure to Check Out the 4 Clippers Reviews I Did!

Reviews

Wahl Balding Clipper-http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=22013.0

Oster Fast Feed Review-http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=22014.0

Andis Outliner II Review-http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=22016.0

Andis Styliner II Review-http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=22015.0
-Derris The Barber

Offline jimmyc

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 01:04:01 AM »
Hi,

This thread is obviously old but I can't decide which clipper is best for me.  I'm looking for something that will cut my hair down to something between first day to third day of shaving.  I've only just started embracing my new bold look so I'm really new to this.

After reading this thread I'm looking to buy Wahl Balding Clipper but I would prefer a cordless one.  Which clipper would anyone recommend?

Many thanks.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 05:09:41 AM »
No questions about it; The Wahl Balding Clippers are what you need and are all you'll need for a very long time. I've had my set for upward of five years and apart from a few drops of oil, that's it as to maintenance. Keep this in mind, if your hair, or what is left of your hair is dark, nothing, not even the closest blade shave will conceal the "shadow". Understand that going in and you won't feel cheated when, after you've used the Wahls or a straight razor that the "look" you want isn't there. In terms of finance, over five years I've saved far more than the purchase price and that assumed I'd had my hair buzzed at the barber shop-locally, the cost for that is (USD) $7.00.  Additionally I found that I could whizz them over my face when I hadn't bothered to shave for several days which produced very short stubble, as if I hadn't shaved in several hours (as opposed to several days.) Don't even hesitate; Buy The Wahs.

A very satisfied user. (Check the reviews for these at Amazon.com)

Offline jimmyc

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 06:37:54 AM »
I've decided to go with Philips QC5550 because Amazon wouldn't ship Wahl bolding clipper to Australia.  I was looking up QC5580 and it seems to be very similar QC5550.  Can anyone confirm if QC5580 is similar to QC5550?

I might be able to cancel my order if I receive a quick reply.

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2013, 07:32:21 AM »
 I would cancel the order mate, my Philips QC5550's have seen zero action since purchasing my Wahl balding clippers a week ago. I love them so much, that they are holidaying with me right now in Turkey  :@`

• Sly
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:59 AM »
Hey JimmyC...sorry for the late reply I had football practice, I really suggest the Wahl Balding Clipper! It may be corded but it will well worth it! Read my review on it!

Review- http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=22013.0
-Derris The Barber

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
Hey guys, if you're thinking of buying a Philips Norelco electric razor, here's a post where you can get a coupon for up to $30 off. - http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=22189.0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2013, 07:47:42 AM »
Nice post Derris :)

I have 3 sets of clippers, some old Sears ones (my mom had them for years), my Wahl clippers (not sure the model off the top of my smooth dome...LOL) which I found would yank and snag at the back right side of my head and would really irritate me, and my Oster Turbo and collection of blades. The Oster is terrific, I love it, but now that I have become committed to the Order of the Sly ;D I think they will find themselves gathering dust and perhaps a round selling them on fleaBay... :)
-gary-

Enter your email address: