Author Topic: Debating shaving my head, while my parents are away  (Read 6511 times)

marty22

Re: Debating shaving my head, while my parents are away
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
make sure you're mentally ready.....

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »
Something that we've kinda skipped over so far is the fact that you're thinking of doing this while your parents are away. This tells me that they may not approve or, at least, you don't think they will. SO, as you're 17 and still living under your parents roof and subject to their rules, ridiculous as they may seem, you might consider speaking with them about this.

Unless, of course, you already have. Then I go along with everyone else and say scrape that grape and love it.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:13 AM »
Welcome. If you're in doubt because of your parents reaction, I would just buzz it for now and shave it when you turn 18.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »
Go for it! I am sure thatyou won't regret once you do it.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
I'm of the opinion that you should respect your parents, but if they are going to take you shaving your head as disrespect then they are worrying about the wrong things and should be glad that's all you're doing. I'm sleeved up with tattoos and my parents hate it, but have to accept it because it is who I am. I have been an otherwise obedient child and always respected them, and worked hard to earn theirs, so my choice of appearance is not their concern. If you can say the same, then whether they approve or not, it isn't their call.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »
I'm of the opinion that you should respect your parents, but if they are going to take you shaving your head as disrespect then they are worrying about the wrong things and should be glad that's all you're doing. I'm sleeved up with tattoos and my parents hate it, but have to accept it because it is who I am. I have been an otherwise obedient child and always respected them, and worked hard to earn theirs, so my choice of appearance is not their concern. If you can say the same, then whether they approve or not, it isn't their call.

Totally agree!

Your hair is your own.
Lynchy

Enter your email address: