Author Topic: Shadow On Bald Head  (Read 26357 times)

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Shadow On Bald Head
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 02:09:27 AM »
I am bald by choice and my hair is black. I have learned to accept that no matter what I do, there will always be shadow. What is important is the awesome feeling of smoothness after shaving.

This place is a nightmare for someone that doesn't speak english as strong as others.

but what's do you mean by shadow?
if you mean stuble, ever think of waxing, it's cheap to do yourself and easy if you have a girl do it, and it doesnt hurt, ive had other areas done before, and if they didnt hurt the head wont.

Offline JustinfromTN

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:42 AM »
Yeah, the shadow was the biggest thing that bothered me when I first went sly. I have a big bald spot on the back of my head but in the front I had a dark shadow when I shaved. Like others have said though... It is what it is, I shave daily in the mornings, got some sun on the dome and now I don't notice it as much.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 08:20:46 PM »
Shadow means the dark color on the head due to the roots of dark hair, it does not necessarily means stubble. Never considered waxing. I am happy with what I have.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 08:52:17 PM »
I think that we all have a shadow unless you are fully bald by nature.

But you know, WE see the shadow on ourselves. I doubt that others do if you shave regularly.

I see a guy at a distance and THINK that he is bald. Then he gets up close and he has stubble. From a distance, I can't see the stubble or shadow.  It's only up close.

Don't sweat the shadow that you can see at 12 inches. Most people don't see us that way.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 04:48:00 AM »
The Shadow Doesn't Bother Me As Much Now Since I Shave Everyday. And I Usually Spend My Time Outside.  O0

Offline Drainman66

• NY Giants
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 04:37:23 AM »
I've been shaving twice a day in the morning and when i get home from work because I feel the stubble, I just can't stand the feeling of not having a smooth head.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 05:53:12 AM »
I've been shaving twice a day in the morning and when i get home from work because I feel the stubble, I just can't stand the feeling of not having a smooth head.

Now here's a guy committed to a bald head. He's not going to let hair get by!  I like a smooth head, but can't afford the time or the blades to go twice a day! except perhaps if it is a date night with wife or some special occasion where I'm likely to get head rubs.

Offline Drainman66

• NY Giants
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 02:11:58 PM »
It's kind of funny because for years I've been buzzing my head on 1 but would never go all the way,so back in Augest I went all the way and now here I am twice a day and it feel great.

KentBaldGuy

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
Personally I have no issue with the shadow; over the two or three years that I have been shaving daily it has lessened due to natural recession and balding, plus tanning of the skin, but recurs in the end each time. It is inevitable that shadow will appear after a few hours after each shave and  for me that is just part of the sly BBC look