Author Topic: a lad of eighteen needs support  (Read 7930 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: a lad of eighteen needs support
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 04:14:56 AM »
There are quite a few of us on here who could grow a full head of hair, but are bald by choice.  It's a nice choice. You'll wonder why you waited so long to shave your head bald.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 06:01:20 AM »
When I was your age entering a major college in the USA, the very first thing I did was buzz my hair short and kept it very short thereafter.  To me it was an expression of who I was and dared to be different.   This was many years ago now.  I would buzz it short and stay that way until later you can go sly. 

Slynito

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 07:12:25 AM »
Welcome.......I agree, buzz it down or shave it all off and if you don't like it let it grow back. And you might think about chin whiskers, too. Call it a 1 month experiment. Good luck.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »
I think you should give the sky look a try. Since you aren't happy with your current hair you've got nothing to loose. If for some reason you don't like it just grow it back.  8)

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 08:15:20 PM »
I can't identify with the anxiety you feel at age 18.  But I just shaved my head 6 months ago at 44.  While most people thought I had no hair issues, I thought it was too thin so I made the choice to give it a try and I really like not having to think about it any more.  You definitely look like you can get some more mileage out of yours so if you need to, take a little time to accept it and work up to shaving it.  While you may or may not like the style on you, what you will find is it's really only a big deal for you and no one else.  So as long as you accept it and act like yourself, you won't have any issues.  Bald really is the best choice if you're having so much anxiety over your hair.  After about 1 or 2 weeks, when it becomes more normal for you, you are going to really feel better that it is behind you.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 03:28:38 AM »
Went from the full hair to bald look in long bit by bit stages. You may want to consider doing the same.

I've had a skinhead since 1995 with occasional dips into the bald look. More recently, I've clippered my hair with no guards. And now 5 days of baldness.

A skinhead (say grade 1 or 2) is an excellent half way there option.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »
Acme, that was great advice that you gave.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 09:13:11 PM »
Hi Slider,
when my hair started to thin and recede at an alarming rate (also started at 18), I was ruled by the anxiety and lack of confidence, and it turned me from a really outgoing guy to a bit of a shy guy, I couldn't deal with new social situations but now it's exciting, I am who I am and my hairless doesn't rule me. At your age my hair was way further receded but I know how it can feel so much worse to the wearer than to observers, and its what you perceive that matters, if it will help you to be you more freely then there could be nothing better! I'm always happy to help with any concerns especially seeing as our hairloss started at the same time, it took me till I was 22 to pluck up the courage, and trust me, I wish I'd done it sooner.

Offline slider.in.the.making

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2022, 12:50:14 PM »
-
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 07:24:42 PM by slider.in.the.making »