Author Topic: Cancer & sunburn on the head!?  (Read 4064 times)

Offline thebaboun

• Sly Jr.
Cancer & sunburn on the head!?
« on: March 02, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »
Hi,

I just read something on yahoo answers that says that if you have had 3 times a sunburn in your life, you have pre disposition to skin cancer...

oufff, I am scared...as you saw in the other post. I have a sunburn on the head! not THAT HEAVY, but still.......

I just don't know what to say and think. Is is true? Also, my head hurts a little bit :s

thank you! 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Cancer & sunburn on the head!?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »
From a veteran of more than 20 skin cancers--they don't show up right after the burn but later and not just on your head--see a skin doctor regularly and have him or her do a total scan of your body--yeah it's embarrassing.  But get it done--caught early, almost totally curable, avoid it and you'll be in serious problems like a friend who recently died.  But most if not all are totally curable, just get checked EVERY YEAR.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 12:29:29 AM »
I absolutely love lying in the sun and relaxing while I tan.  The sun seems to energise me and I feel so good with a golden tan.  Besides, “brown fat looks better than white fat”, LOL.

But, even though I am so aware of skin cancer, and I take the necessary precautions, I realise that I am taking a big risk.  It’s like smoking, I love it but I run the risk of cancer.  A big gamble indeed!
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 04:37:12 AM »
But most if not all are totally curable, just get checked EVERY YEAR.

That annual check will also catch more things than just sun-related issues. It is very important and painless. I have an annual "medical day" when I get my annual physical, see the dermatologist, and conclude with the dentist. Then I'm good for another year or 10,000 miles, with the satisfaction of know I've been properly tuned up.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »
Great advice saintc. I am more careful in the sun now and get check ups every year.

Enter your email address: