Author Topic: Want a TAN! Help...Tips...  (Read 7537 times)

Offline prodigy1290

• Sly Guy in Training
Want a TAN! Help...Tips...
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:43:24 PM »
I have very sensitive skin. I have slight rosacea on my face/nose. My problem is ive worn a hat my WHOLE life. EVERYDAY for the past 8 years...yea crazy.

Well, I need to tan my head so I can even out my skin tone on my face and head. Can you tell me the best route? Safest route?

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Want a TAN! Help...Tips...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:18:23 AM »
short "dates" with the sun.
do not do it during the midday, do it regularily on evenings and mornings.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:09:07 AM »
Sun..... Or tanning mousturiser!

All depends on how your skin reacts!
Lynchy

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 04:05:25 AM »
Jergens Natural Glow is a good product from what I've read. It will "tan" you until you get a real tan.

As Paul said, short stints in the sun. Very short.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
If I am in the sun less than a 1/2 hour - - I don't have a hat on - - -If I am more than 1/2 hour -  I always wear a hat  -

-My head, naturally, will get tan in the summer. I do use lotion as the dome is very sensitive to the  sun.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
agreed  short  liasons with the sun but be respectful to the sun and remember she  can harm you . Please  no spray tans

Offline Mike P.

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »
I saw that Jergens Natural Glow at Target one day. I looked on the back, and it didn't say anything about it being non-comedogenic. Would this clog your pores?

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »
I saw that Jergens Natural Glow at Target one day. I looked on the back, and it didn't say anything about it being non-comedogenic. Would this clog your pores?

I would think it would since it'll rub off.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:36:13 PM by BaldHDbiker »

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 12:06:17 AM »
I must say, of all the “negatives” of going sly, my only bug bear is the white matt dome that takes so long to reach the same colour as my skin tone.

After just over a month, what I have been doing is standing outside under the sun for 15 minutes during my lunch break.  Its winter here now, so the sun isn’t too harsh.  On weekends, I have also been sitting outside for a half hour on both days.  It is getting there slowly, but not fast enough as I am a little impatient.  However, I realise that even the winter sun is lethal for the noggin.

I guess the four letter word is the answer, “Time”.

"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 10:01:54 PM »
I've got the same problem with my dome and my face not being the same color. And I've got the added problem that my scalp is naturally pink so people tend to think I'm always sunburned.

Solution?  I've noticed that Nivea's Extreme Comfort After Shave Balm tends to neutralize the pink into a more normal looking flesh color. Other than that, I've just been doing what the others have suggested - for a little bit each day. And don't let the lack of color discourage you! You probably look better than you think!
Hair is over rated.

Offline erikwillke

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »
I must say, of all the “negatives” of going sly, my only bug bear is the white matt dome that takes so long to reach the same colour as my skin tone.

After just over a month, what I have been doing is standing outside under the sun for 15 minutes during my lunch break.  Its winter here now, so the sun isn’t too harsh.  On weekends, I have also been sitting outside for a half hour on both days.  It is getting there slowly, but not fast enough as I am a little impatient.  However, I realise that even the winter sun is lethal for the noggin.

I guess the four letter word is the answer, “Time”.

You're right.  Time.  I quit thinking about the whiteness and one day I just happened to notice it was tanned.  I think there are so many guys going sly nowadays that it doesn't raise as much interest to have a white dome as it used to.

Offline Cicio87

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 07:37:43 AM »
Hello,

I have been shaving for almost a week and notice a change in the second day using this. I also go in the sun a little everyday.

Coppertone Sunless Tanning Lotion (Gradual Tan).

Apply only ONCE A DAY!!

You can pick it up in walmart.

Good Luck

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »
I'm British.  We don't tan, we rust!

I can't say I ever noticed a difference in tone.  I started shaving my head in the winter when I was an even pale and pasty colour. 

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
SPF-15 sunblock is enough to get benefits of the sun without the danger. The best way is to be in the sun everyday if possible.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill